Confused on when to do deadlifts

ICanBench50

Reaction score
So for the past year or so I've neglected deadlifts. I've done them a few times but not much. Basically I don't know when to do deadlifts. My routine is like this
Upper body power
Lower body power
Off
Back and shoulders hypertrophy
Lower body hypertrophy
Chest and arms hypertrophy
Off

The routine is made by Layne Norton and he says to do DL's on Lower body power day, but wouldn't that effect progress from my upper body power day the day before as that consists of bent over rows, pull ups, etc?

Thanks because I really need an answer on this!

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lame Norton can eat my balls.

If you are doing his shitty program then do them when he says. You wouldn't want to improve on it.

In all seriousness I don't see the issue with deadlifting and then doing rows the next day.

Rumpy

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I usually do them when I'm at the gym

ICanBench50

Reaction score
Lame Norton can eat my balls.

If you are doing his shitty program then do them when he says. You wouldn't want to improve on it.

In all seriousness I don't see the issue with deadlifting and then doing rows the next day.

Bit deadlift hits a lot of the same muscles as rows so wouldn't it be counterproductive?

Solomc

Elite
Reaction score
To many days off. Hit them bitches hard and often. Is there a reason you can't do them on Sunday's??
There is no counterproductive lifting in my book. Unless your form is ****ed. I guess that would be counterproductive.
Hit them Sunday fundays.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
You're thinking too much. Just ****ing deadlift. Do it on lower day or back day. U have two lower days so I would do it on one of those.

ICanBench50

Reaction score
To many days off. Hit them bitches hard and often. Is there a reason you can't do them on Sunday's??
There is no counterproductive lifting in my book. Unless your form is ****ed. I guess that would be counterproductive.
Hit them Sunday fundays.

Too many days off? I have two days off and recovery is necessary for natural lifters.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
That's a tough one but if you're doing that; Lower body power AFTER squats. I'm not going to lie to ya, it takes one fuuked up dude who can put the effort into DL after a serious squat.

For now, if you have neglected them you will make gains regardless of where you put them. If you're doing bent over rows, swap them out for lower cable rows. That will take some stress off your hams and erectors.

ICanBench50

Reaction score
I was thinking of just subbing squats out for DL for lower body power?

Solomc

Elite
Reaction score
Too many days off? I have two days off and recovery is necessary for natural lifters.

Yup your right 50 enjoy your struggles. How bad do you want it bro. That the question you should be asking your self.

If your our diet is on point. Your muscle recovery should be minimal.

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yup your right 50 enjoy your struggles. How bad do you want it bro. That the question you should be asking your self.

Muscles arent the only things that need to recover. CNS fatigue will knock you on your ass.

OP, dont overthink shit. Its lifting weights for christs sake. Many people train deadlift and squat on the same day. I may get flak for this but honestly the deadlift does **** all for lats. Theyll get you very thick but not wide. So training lats after them isnt a bad thing. Your back can take a serious beating (minus the erectors....they need a lot of time to recover)

ICanBench50

Reaction score

That makes no sense. How the **** would my routine even fit in another day. Not everyone shoves needles up their ass to get results faster and feel better than other people.

ICanBench50

Reaction score
Maybe this is just the wrong forum in general to ask questions about natural lifting.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
That makes no sense. How the **** would my routine even fit in another day. Not everyone shoves needles up their ass to get results faster and feel better than other people.

Yeah after this comment right here u should find another forum. We've been trying to help u nicely with all your little problems u have but then u gotta say some dumb shit like that. You sound like a little bitch man whining about every little fukking thing. **** off then

ICanBench50

Reaction score
I'm sorry if I offended I'm just annoyed at getting side way answers from each person. It's whatever it's my problem not yours

New Threads