Starting gym at 15

Reaction score
I just went this morning and it was awesome! As soon as I got there an older guy saw that I was new and had no idea what to do and he told me to warmup and then he introduced me to all the machines and told me how to use them. I tried using them all today and next time I am going to have a plan to follow and try to focus on getting the right form, but it felt really good being there. I stayed for about 1 hour and something and definitely am going again. Thank you for advising me to start gym!

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Focus on solid lifting sessions followed by big meals of protein

Then continue to expand the different workouts u do.

But the big 3 plus should presses, lat pull downs, and a few others will pretty much do it for a while.

Your building a foundation of muscle now.

Reaction score
Workout number 2: Started a 5x5 plan with A: Squats, Deadlifts, Benchpress and B: Squats, Overhead press, Bentover rows (A rest B rest A rest rest). I started with only the bar to get my form correct and then worked with 6 pounds and going to add more weight each workout.

Reaction score
Guys, is it normal to experience lowerback pain after performing bentover rows and deadlifts?

Reaction score
If you slipped a disc, that's not normal. If it feels real tight and hurts to move, sit, stand, bend, that's normal.
Your lower back muscles might be tight to the point that it feels like you messed something up, but that should go away after a few days.
As you get used to your body and training, you'll learn to differentiate between what's "normal" pain and when something isn't right.
You're too young to start getting serious injuries now, and I don't know what your pain feels like, so I'd say do some different movements for back next time that don't put as much pressure on your lower back.

Reaction score
Thank you for your answer. The pain is starting to fade away so I don't think it was an injury.

Reaction score
That's good. Just be careful with it. Like I said, you're too young to get injuries that you'll have another who knows how many years to deal with.
Especially first few weeks training, you'll probably have a lot of tight muscles and delayed onset muscle soreness. When in doubt, take the safe route.

Reaction score
Hello, guys! I thought I'd reply with an update. I went for a month at the gym, 2 weeks and a half in I found myself a decent program I'd say. I have gained 2 kgs (6 lbs) in this month. Probably just because I have started eating more, not really muscles, but I am seeing results. I also started lifting decently more than in the first month. I'm really happy you guys have advised me to go to the gym. Thanks!

Fat Gig

Reaction score
Really good to hear your enjoying it and making progress.Allso maybe think about doing a little stretching before after your workouts or even between sets if you havnt been allready

Reaction score
I used to do it just before training but I'll surely do it after and in between now. Thanks.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Absolutely nothing wrong with barbell squats. Please share ith us exactly how you come to that conclusion.

OP, good job man. Keep it up and enjoy what you're doing.

New Threads