Advice needed

Reaction score
Hey guys, need some advice from y'all-- Im a baseball player, was going to run a cycle (first cycle) for 8 weeks, 50mg Anavar ED, 150mg Test Prop EOD. I'm on week 3 now and I think the gear might be bunk. I am getting a little bit more acne on my face nothing more on my shoulders and chest. I am horny a lot, but I always felt horny a lot before lol. My balls haven't shrunk, at least they still feel pretty big. I have had no weight gain, no pumps w the var, and no increase in vascularity or anything. I planned on using it while training my throwing but I have had some shoulder inflammation so as of right now, I am not even throwing, just rehabbing, so all I am doing is lifting and running. I never got any bloods done beforehand.

I am in a unique situation as I could possibly be going to throw at a largely scouted event in late july/early august. If I throw well, I am almost certain I will get a 'random drug test' so my original plan was just to run the stuff and not go throw there. But if the stuff is bunk, I should be fine to go there and throw and pass a drug test. However, I am wondering if y'all would still say to run PCT just in case, and if I ran it, to still run the full 4 weeks (Nolva 40 40 20 20 and Clomid 100 100 50 50). The only thing w that is I would be done in late July and it would take another whole month to get out of my system.

Any thoughts?

So I am wondering what I should do next?
1. Keep running them and see if they work
2. Stop everything completely
3. Start running the pct right now and bang the rest of the cycle

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
If you aren't getting better pumps and feeling strength gains in your 3rd week of taking TestP and Anavar, I think that its safe to say that they are bunk. I will say that test is rarely faked but anavar is a different story. Maybe your test is a slower acting ester? In that case, you may not feel anything till week 4 or 5. Either way, I would stop taking it.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Stop now and get bloodwork done immediately. If yer Test is in the normal range, ye got yer answer and no need fer PCT.

*IF* yer Test is high - meaning that yer AAS is good - ye got a choice to make. Going to the event, if there's a chance ye'll be drug tested, know that most sports orgs worth their salt (MLB is at the forefront) will test you for AAS as well as PCT-centric drugs (eg. Nolva, Clomid).

IMO, if I had the chance to make MLB $$ as a pitcher, I'd do everything I could to get clean NOW and go to the event - this would include getting off the Test and Var and forgoing PCT for the time being. After the event I'd get more bloods done and start a proper PCT if I needed one.

You only get so many shots at going pro in a sport where you can make life changing sums of money. If the event in 6-8 weeks is such an event, thats yer priority and nothing else.

A good study on the detectable life of Nolva after final dose to help ye make-up yer mind.

Reaction score
Bloods will confirm it even if your body doesn't seem to be showing the signs. There's a good chance the test is good and the var is garbage, as stated before test is rarely faked....at least from experiences I know about.

PCT can be tested for, and likely would be if we are talking a major sport organization...as would AAS compounds. As Savage said, if you are getting an opportunity, dont blow it. Once you are in the game, then the pro's know how to game the system and get around the testing.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You're 3 weeks in. Don't waste your time on pct. just quit and get your bloodwork.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I can't edit my damn post. Anyway, you did some test for a couple weeks and what's probably bunk var. there is no reason to run a pct and pump more synthetic drugs into your body. You should recover fine without more drugs. Just not necessary in your case.

Reaction score
You think I still need to get the blood work done now or get it done later after the event?
The only other thing I'm concerned about is if the test is not real prop and it is like cyp or something else w a longer ester, it will take much more time to get out of my system, meaning--- if I ran real test, it just had a longer ester, I could be in trouble of failing a test with that still being in my system. Any thoughts there?

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The only purpose of getting bloodwork done now is to check and see if what you're taking is real or not by the results of your test levels. As for testing if indeed you are tasking prop it will be gone after a couple weeks and nothing will show on your test. Test cyp will still show on a drug test up to 3 months. I wouldn't freak out man, just quit now. If you want to know if the test you were taking is gtg then get the blood test.

Solomc

Elite
Reaction score
Bloods if you really want to know. U don't need the female hormone panel if you are only checking free test level.
But you might as well get the femal panel. This will also tell you if your gear is good plus all the other information you will need to know as well if you continue to run it.

Reaction score
Is there any way to find out if I was taking prop or a test w a longer ester?
Took my last shot on June 18, maybe I try and get bloods done 3 weeks from then, and if my test levels aren't too high, I'll know it was prop. However, if my test levels are still high, I will know it was a longer ester test.?
Just can't get popped in a drug test if I decide to go to this event. If I know for sure my test levels are back to normal, I'll go. If they're too high and I know I'll get busted, I won't go.

Reaction score
I'd recommend getting bloods done now. That confirms if you had any legitimate gear. Then, if you wish, test them again after a few weeks and you'll know if it's prop or some other ester.

Also, you only took the gear for a few weeks it sounds like, so as others said just dont do the PCT. you should (emphasis on should) recover just fine without them. You are still young so you got that going for you. If your gear was legitimate, then your levels will crash, but that's just the name of the game. They'll bounce back quick enough as, again, you haven't run them for near long enough to really feel the crash IMO. Broscience (aka my opinion, which some medical papers would likely disagree with).

New Threads