What's up fellow gainz makers!

Reaction score
Just signed up to soak in any new knowledge possible. I'm 36 and been lifting inconstantly since i was 17. I've really stepped my game up the last 2 years and have been hitting the gym heavy 4-5 days per week (not a lot of cardio, wont lie). 2 years ago i was 253lbs of lard and now i'm down to 205 (6 feet) granted i'm not that lean, probably about 18% bodyfat, been that way for about 7 months now. I'm trying to lean bulk my way up to 225-235 but it feels like it's impossible. I don't **** around in the gym, i get it done. I've watched and read up on just about everything i could think of. The biggest thing holding me back is really just perfecting my diet and not giving in to temptation so often. I mean i wanna get huge and don't really need to be super lean, and doing that off of chicken/eggs/rice is torture and i don't see how i could eat this way my entire life. Anyway, i look forward to following the forums and hopefully finding a lot of useful knowledge here. Thanks for all the future help!

Solomc

Elite
Reaction score
The biggest thing holding me back is really just perfecting my diet and not giving in to temptation so often.

youve answered your own question. Hire a nutritionist if you can't figure it out. I bet once you are paying someone for there services you lock that shit down. It's not as expensive as u think. And your gains will come quicker.

Welcome to UGBB. Solo

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cheers, M8. Solo gave you some good advice up top.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
You don't need to eat chicken, broccoli and brown rice to get huge but not fat. You cen get huge off cereal and steak and stay lean, just count your macros.

Welcome.

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome!

As has been said, you gave yourself your own answer. Its takes discipline in the gym and discipline in the kitchen. Once you figure out the diet, its really not that hard.

Reaction score
i did the macro thing a while ago. The hard part is that it's all in my head. Like i said, i was 253 lbs of fat and it was a lot of work to get down to 205. When trying to lean bulk i got back up to about 212 and instantly got it in my head that i'm getting fat. I need to get over that hurdle. I know what i need to do, it's just getting it done. I'll take the advice here and start counting macros again, this time i'll keep telling myself it isn't getting fat....it's getting gainz!

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i did the macro thing a while ago. The hard part is that it's all in my head. Like i said, i was 253 lbs of fat and it was a lot of work to get down to 205. When trying to lean bulk i got back up to about 212 and instantly got it in my head that i'm getting fat. I need to get over that hurdle. I know what i need to do, it's just getting it done. I'll take the advice here and start counting macros again, this time i'll keep telling myself it isn't getting fat....it's getting gainz!

If it's in your head then hit your head against the wall until it leaves... you have some terms in your head that gotta go.

First being lean bulk. That implies there is a chubby cut.

Just focus on building muscle. You do that by making sure you are getting stronger over time. Most guys that have this issue you describe- that is, they want to bulk but feel like they are getting fat, typically have the same issue. Their weights stagnate. They think a pump is sufficient. They think DOMS is a sign of adequate training.

Every 4 or 5 weeks if you do a max effort squat for 5 reps, it should increase every time you do it. I bet yours isn't currently.

New Threads