What books are you reading?

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So I'm curious as to what you guys are reading? Are there any authors you consistently read? I have to read massive amounts for my work/research but I do love to read for recreation as well.

One of my favorite authors is Clive Cussler, especially his Dirk Pitt series. Aside from Cussler for fiction I read a lot of history and science-related stuff, and a little philosophy. I want to pick up Tom Clancy soon, once I work through all of the Dirk Pitt novels.

Infantry87

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The Lone Survivor BY Marcus Luttrell and a great book. Im a war book kinda guy it just interests me. Also, anything about gangsters during the Prohibition Era

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cool man...I guess you and I are the only ones who read ;)

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Right now im reading Ozzy Osbournes new book,really good book,I loved his first one,and Sharon's as well,mostly i read books on music theory,guitar theory etc,yea im a heavy metsl freak from the late 70's and 80's lol.......i also read and re-read David Morrell's book First Blood,so much better than the movie

Infantry87

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Tom Wolfe - The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test , Tom Wolfe - The Kandy Kolored Tangerine-Flake Streamline Baby. Both of them are very interesting reads about the introduction and actually the invention of LSD. No I'm not an Acid head I just find these types of books about the 60's interesting. Also bullseye I'm a big fan of zepplin and they have an auto-biography called When Giants Walked the Earth: A Biography of Led Zeppelin . Very interesting giving insite to the women theyve been with, how they became the band, etc... One of my favorite books

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Tom Wolfe - The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test , Tom Wolfe - The Kandy Kolored Tangerine-Flake Streamline Baby. Both of them are very interesting reads about the introduction and actually the invention of LSD. No I'm not an Acid head I just find these types of books about the 60's interesting. Also bullseye I'm a big fan of zepplin and they have an auto-biography called When Giants Walked the Earth: A Biography of Led Zeppelin . Very interesting giving insite to the women theyve been with, how they became the band, etc... One of my favorite books
very nice man,ive gotta read Zepplin's book

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I just got done reading "scar tissue" which is Anothy Kiedis from Red Hot Chilly Peppers autobiography. I read whatever interests me. I'm starting to get into the Mich Rapp books. lot of military and motivational books i read.

G

Georgia

I will be reading 'Marine Sniper: 97 Confirmed Kills' soon!

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ive read all of Micheal Crithions(spelling?) novels and i love them all

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah man I love Michael Crichton! Forgot to mention him...I've read all his stuff, and Dan Brown too.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I love True Crime (John Douglas), Augusten Burroughs is another of my favorite authors. Right now I'm reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo....having a hard time getting thru it though.

On another note, I have not read Hunger Games but saw the movie and it was ok....

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I will be reading 'Marine Sniper: 97 Confirmed Kills' soon!

Great book. Hathcock was a legend!

You should read the book "Shooter" nothing to do with the movie, but great book!

G

Georgia

Great book. Hathcock was a legend!

You should read the book "Shooter" nothing to do with the movie, but great book!

I seen the movie 'Shooter'...but I will definitely research this one. I love any military/war books!

Flags of Our Fathers is one of my favorite.

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I seen the movie 'Shooter'...but I will definitely research this one. I love any military/war books!

Flags of Our Fathers is one of my favorite.

it has nothing to do with the movie. Written byt the top Marine sniper (at the time) all about his life and battles. He revolutionised modern sniping in the marine corps.

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Goosebumps

LOL Dude I used to LOVE Goosebumps...RL Stein for life!

Right now I'm reading Iceberg by Cussler, it's hard to put down.

Jen my training partner read Hunger Games...he started and couldn't stop until he was done, spent the whole day reading it...I just went and saw the movie ;)

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
LOL Dude I used to LOVE Goosebumps...RL Stein for life!

Right now I'm reading Iceberg by Cussler, it's hard to put down.

Jen my training partner read Hunger Games...he started and couldn't stop until he was done, spent the whole day reading it...I just went and saw the movie ;)
Jen this. He said Jen his training partner. Then said he. Lol I've never met a guy named Jen before. Or a Dave. Lol

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I just finished white fang...moved on to Tzu's art of war now

New Threads