Gwynn's Log / / Focus: Weight Loss for 2017

Gwynn

Lady Member
Reaction score
I didn't know that the original post can't be edited, so I'll just type out what I've been feeling and going through so far;
a week is tomorrow and my weight has fluctuated; went down to 184 up to 187 and back down to 185.
I've been keeping up with drinking water no soda, can't break away from coffee, I get horrible headaches
No sugar, no fast food for the week; just, shakes, oatmeal, PB sandwiches, chicken, veggies.
I want to cut the fat, but now I'm afraid of losing muscle mass with the weight loss. Should I maintain a certain calorie intake and just start exercising?

I had an interview too, it was terrifying... I had to speak in front of seven people. :|

Reaction score
Coffee withdrawal... that's miserable. If I went more than a day without coffee, I got debilitating headaches. You can ween yourself off, but if you drink it black or with very little added to it, you should still be ok.
You will alwaysblose muscle mass you weight loss. Finding your TDEE, setting a caloric deficit, and exercising is a great way to lose weight.
Weight training and HIIT offer metabolic advantages over LISS.

Gwynn

Lady Member
Reaction score
Coffee withdrawal... that's miserable. If I went more than a day without coffee, I got debilitating headaches. You can ween yourself off, but if you drink it black or with very little added to it, you should still be ok.
You will alwaysblose muscle mass you weight loss. Finding your TDEE, setting a caloric deficit, and exercising is a great way to lose weight.
Weight training and HIIT offer metabolic advantages over LISS.
The coffee is probably the hardest part about this. I'll try just drinking 6oz of black coffee with my oatmeal in the mornings.
I have found a few articles about TDEE and HIIT. I honestly did not understand those terms, so thank you for bringing them up. I have used both methods before 6 years ago and was very successful.
The area that I live in is has hills all around, do you think it would be wise to use the hills as a training ground?

Reaction score
The coffee is probably the hardest part about this. I'll try just drinking 6oz of black coffee with my oatmeal in the mornings.
I have found a few articles about TDEE and HIIT. I honestly did not understand those terms, so thank you for bringing them up. I have used both methods before 6 years ago and was very successful.
The area that I live in is has hills all around, do you think it would be wise to use the hills as a training ground?
Hills are great for training.
If you can walk up and walk down, or jog up and jog down, you could turn that into a HIIT session pretty easily.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My best cardio training comes from going uphill

Gwynn

Lady Member
Reaction score
No nudes, so please don't bring it up again.

New Threads