My first cycle... Advice

Reaction score
First off - I'm 26. Been training hard for 9 years. Naturally went from 160 lbs to current 225. I'm 6'0.
Getting to the point where gains are slow and I'm considering a cycle to see where I could get. I have read the first cycle sticky. My goal is to obviously make gains and put on some solid muscle. I'd prefer a "dryer" result and I'm not trying to get massive. I need to stay athletic and spry.
My main question... I've researched before and thought going with test e and anavar would be great. Reading through post here and some say having oral var in your first cycle is a bad choice... so what are your thoughts given my info? Would dbol be better for my goals?

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Dbol would be a worse choice then var for a first cycle.There is a lot of shit steroids out there ..If u can get real test and var it makes for a great cycle

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
For a first cycle, as you know since you said you read the stickies, its recommended that you just do test. Big part of this us to see how you respond to the test, good, bad , ugly. If you start out with two compounds how can you know which is causing the unwanted side effect should one develop. I'd just save the var for a later cycle.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
If you read what is posted here you would be reading that any oral on a first cycle is a bad idea, not just anavar. Sometimes I feel like a fuking gif being played over and over. Get tired of saying the same things to the same hard-headed people who are looking for support to do the opposite of what has been preached here for years.

Test only....if you want to do something else...do it quietly

Reaction score
If you read what is posted here you would be reading that any oral on a first cycle is a bad idea, not just anavar. Sometimes I feel like a fuking gif being played over and over. Get tired of saying the same things to the same hard-headed people who are looking for support to do the opposite of what has been preached here for years.

Test only....if you want to do something else...do it quietly

Conflicting information in multiple posts is the reason for my post.

Reaction score
For a first cycle, as you know since you said you read the stickies, its recommended that you just do test. Big part of this us to see how you respond to the test, good, bad , ugly. If you start out with two compounds how can you know which is causing the unwanted side effect should one develop. I'd just save the var for a later cycle.

Right right. That was my initial thoughts. As I researched though, there were many who said adding var would warrant better results. Being "mild" would limit sides and such. As I said above, multiple sites with multiple conflicting posts... so here I am getting straight answers.
Obviously wanting to get the most for my time and hard work.
Thank you

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't think a oral like var is bad for a first cycle ..I liked it

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I don't think a oral like var is bad for a first cycle ..I liked it
I don't think its a bad cycle either if everything goes well. If he starts to have sides though, he will have no idea which one caused them and will have wasted a learning experience on how his body reacts to certain compounds and how to treat it. Some folks get high blood pressure on anavar but how will he know if its the var or the test if he hasn't run them separately?

That and the fact that test alone will give awesome results all my itself. Especially on a first cycle. Why spend extra money? It's the same debate on every "first cycle" thread. The same answers will be given here...again

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the board, flerpderp. You've done well the past 9 years. Taking yourself from 160 to 225 is a sign of hard work, consistency, and dedication. ( as long as you're BF level isn't out of control ) it doesn't appear from your post that it is. I am one who also highly advocates test only for a 1st cycle. You say you're looking to put on some solid muscle, keep your gains dry, and not get massive. Man, at 6' 225 I would guess you've already achieved that goal. Those are above normal stats. Anyway, with this being your 1st cycle you can expect a quick rise in weight gain and strength. You will most likely gain an easy 10 lbs or more. again, With this being your 1st cycle, I can't see you being able to keep your results too "dry" even with your diet dialed in...you can expect some water weight gain. In your case I don't see adding the var to big of a deal but keeping things dry even with the added var will be difficult. forget dbol. Not gonna work for you based on your goal.

good luck.

seek

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
I like oral.. Oh wait your not talking about that. lol

Welcome. As has been said, I would only do test for my first cycle. You will get some great results. Good luck!

mabdelrasoul

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Like the above statement, if starting both test and var together and god forbid u react badly you won't know which is causing the issue. So my advice if really wanting to run var would be to start your test alone and wait a few weeks to see how you react. If you react well then add in the var towards the last 8 weeks of your cycle and bam you should have that nice dry solid look you want with knowing how u react to each steroid. Welcome and goodluck bro

Reaction score
Like the above statement, if starting both test and var together and god forbid u react badly you won't know which is causing the issue. So my advice if really wanting to run var would be to start your test alone and wait a few weeks to see how you react. If you react well then add in the var towards the last 8 weeks of your cycle and bam you should have that nice dry solid look you want with knowing how u react to each steroid. Welcome and goodluck bro

That was going to be my next question... delaying the var. Take it later in the cycle, could it also bridge between the test e and the pct? Lower doses at that point?

mabdelrasoul

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I would do it like this.

Test e 1-12 500mg ever week , 2 shots mon,thur
Var 5-12 50mg ed (if you reacted well to test)
Do not continue the var through pct.

Wait 2-3 weeks after last Injection then pct

Clomid 50/50/50/50
Nolva 40/40/20/20

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't think its a bad cycle either if everything goes well. If he starts to have sides though, he will have no idea which one caused them and will have wasted a learning experience on how his body reacts to certain compounds and how to treat it. Some folks get high blood pressure on anavar but how will he know if its the var or the test if he hasn't run them separately?

That and the fact that test alone will give awesome results all my itself. Especially on a first cycle. Why spend extra money? It's the same debate on every "first cycle" thread. The same answers will be given here...again
added it to the back end of a cycle..It's not gonna give any sides besides bad pumps and lipids

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
How lean are u? Var isn't that special man. It'll bring some strength and vascularity but testosterone is the best. If u stay away from sodium and keep your estrogen in check then u won't get that bloated. Just run some test for 14 weeks and you'll love it I promise

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
160 to 225 @ 22% BF is not an a accomplishment.

Someone had to bust your balls.

Welcome to Ultimate Gay Board.

New Threads