Thanks

Melting raws on a hot plate

Anyone ever do this instead of using the oven? The reason I ask is that my roommate is kind of being a bitch about me making gear in the kitchen (I guess I can understand why). So I was thinking about picking up a dual burner hot plate and making it in the basement. We have a bar down there would give me ample space for everything and is probably actually cleaner than the kitchen. I would assume it would work just as well as the stove top as long as it gets hot enough to melt the raws. I would still use the oven to sterilize my beakers and what not but he doesn't have a problem with that.

Phatbastard

Re: Melting raws on a hot plate

If u can boil water with it. (212F) you can brew gear with it. If you sterolize your beaker in the oven and carry to basement there no longer sterile. Perhas you should look into a counter top toaster type oven there small dont take much spave then u have all u want down there to do the jod start to finish.

Thanks

That's a good idea PB...it'd be like having my own portable lab. I want to run by you my list of items and if you could id like to know if I'm missing anything.

Whatman filters
    BA, bb, gso
    A few beakers for mixing
    Thermometer so I can keep an eye on the temp
    Sterile sealed vials for the finished product
    A scale

I've also got a bottle top filter, glass receiver, and hand vacuum but I'm saving that for a bigger batch. Am I missing anything vital?

Phatbastard

Apropriate size Syringes only thing I dont see listed

Phatbastard

test
    test

Thanks

Ive got a handful of 10cc syringes as well.

Thanks

Ok so you want to keep receiving media bottle and/or vials or anything else sterile but want to stay out of the kitchen upstairs. Go get a pressure cooker for <$75 at your local walmart. You basically have your own autoclave ....or if your crazy about sterilization like I am you can go drop way too much cash on an autoclave like me....

Missing?
    10cc syringes for small batches
    18g or bigger needles for drawing

Did you check your melting points on your raws? How close are they? Why 200mg/ml... just curious?
    Looks good congrats man.
    Advice is strictly for entertainment...I'm no Doctor but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!!

Thanks

The powder melted right around 97 celsius. My roommate was out of town for the weeknd so I was able to use the kitchen. I figured 200mg would be safe and wouldn't crash. It's test c so I didn't want to try to go much higher. I could probably get away with 250-300mg/ml but it's just for me and my buddy so I'll shoot a little more oil if I want higher doses.

Thanks

Yeah test c is pretty funny at higher mg/ml and its pretty aggravating to have a few bottles crash. I was thinking that was the reason behind your decision. That's why test e is so easy....hard to make it crash. Good job bro...

I have gotten 300mg test c to hold with no issues at 2&22 making sure I kept solution at 100-110C for 5mins stirring the entire time before adding my oil. I then add my preheated oil to the mixture and keep it the same temp (100-110C) for another 5 mins stirring the whole time. Filter below 145F bc it will melt the filter...I go well below with bottle tops but closer to 145 on whatmans bc its easier.
    I never use boiling water to heat my gear at any stage bc I want zero chance of water vapor in my gear...my $.02
    Advice is strictly for entertainment...I'm no Doctor but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!!

Thanks

i just put it directly on the burners on the stove. its a glass top so its a smooth flat surface. I used a thermometer to keep an eye on the temp and to stir with. i tried to keep it between 95-100 celsius before mixing in the oil. then i slowly mixed it in and tried to keep it around 90. once that was all mixed i let it cool down into the 80s and then filtered. after a get good with the basic batches ill probably play around a bit and make some higher doses. my next conquest is the few grams of tren a I have.

"There is no litter in my litter box" Phil L
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,851 Times in 1,735 Posts

2 important items missing from your list, eye protection and a mask. You do not want to breath in any of the vapors.

Thanks

I will be investing in a Bio Hood with a small sealed laboratory convention oven (Enough to hold decent amount of product), I like to take things to the extreme and after a 1/2 year or so of further research on this subject will go ahead with my plan.

Georgia

Welcome to SI Hellsman! Love your work on Ology

Thanks

Guys ever use oil baths?

How exactly are you checking melting points, do you use glass tubes and oil?

A nice laminar flow hood is a good thing to have if one can afford it.

Thanks

I've heard of guys making laminar flow hoods themselves.