Hooked my buddy with his 1st cycle

Reaction score
So as it says my buddy wanted to do a cycle and I felt it was only right that I help him get the best shit possible. I set him up with a 16 week cycle of test E at 500mgs a week. Had him start stane at about 3 weeks in. Also had him start HCG at week 3. In addition to that I got him greytops and he started using those at about 7 weeks in. 3 IUs a day and he hasn't gotten any swollen hands or tingling so far so I think we will keep it there. Gonna go at least a year on those to make it worthwhile and let him see the benes. I had him get a blood test at week 8 and waiting for results very soon to adjust anything if needed.

I've been conflicted on letting him try an oral tho. He's getting damn big and a lot of people are commenting to him which is good but I don't want him to blow up too big and cause attention. His wife is pretty damn against it and he's hiding it from her. He wants to get bigger but my safe side is telling me not to give it to him. If it was me, I'd like someone looking out for me. Adding dbol or drol will absolutely blow up his spot. I think he can handle it barring the bloods but I just don't want him to get caught up by the misses. I think anything too much and too fast will have her questioning him. He's always been in good shape but it starting to turn the corner now. Like a lot.

I think I'm just gonna tell him no. I've got var and winny too but even then the test is doing great for him. Keeping the GH while the cycle is over and I think he will do fine. He's already about 6'2" 250lbs @ 15-20%. He's not skinny but his build is really showing promise. He's gained about 15lbs already in 8 weeks but I know prob half or so of that is water. I'm feeling like this will be quite enuf for him even tho I don't think anything is wrong with an oral on the 1st go as long as you start it close to the middle or end of a longer cycle.

What do you guys think? Am I right in thinking to say no or let him try it out? I'm only thinking of his wife and repercussions. I remember how dope it was like on my 1st cycle but I didn't know shit. Test, nand, and dbol was ridiculous...but awesome lol.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
He's obviously doing just fine with just the test. He will probably gain a few more pounds for the remainder of the cycle. Save the oral for another run down the road. It's good that he has you guiding him.

Reaction score
Glad your buddy is having great results. I think you already know the answer, but are conflicted because you want your buddy to have the best ride possible.
IMO, he's making impressive gains, doing great--no reason to throw any more red flags and drag it all down.
I'd just keep him on the original plan.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Agree with Seeker, but I'm all gonna add that not my job to keep my buddy out of trouble with his wife. He is an adult, right? If my bro knows his wife is opposed to something and does it any way, that sh*t's on him. I'm not gonna help him get in trouble, but I'm not gonna worry about it either. That's between them.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
He don't need the oral obviously. Tell him to bust ass the remainder of the cycle because those gains u put on after the initial water weight gains is what u usually keep.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
if he's 15-20% he doesn't need the dbol to bloat him up even more keep him on his current cycle and have him tweak his diet a bit

Solomc

Elite
Reaction score
Keep him on test only. And tell him to get rid of that shitty water weight.
Most tell tail sign is a balloon face. At least for me it is

awesome to see him making gains. And I wish I had freinds like you when I started.

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the feedback. I kinda knew what my answer would be but the point was driven home for me now. Let him ride this out and see how it goes. Hell, it's always the last 4-6 weeks of a cycle anyway that guys get so excited from the "exponential like" gains. And yes I've been telling him the diet will help even more but like anyone else he slips up and eats too much. I told him tho if anything, don't be that guy that gains only 5lbs from a 1st cycle cause you aren't eating enuf. I'm waiting on his blood work so we can adjust his AI if he's carrying too much water. Not to low tho as for a bulk I think a bit of excess water is ok for the heavy lifting. I can see his face a lil more rounded but he's always had the wider jaw so it's hard to tell. I'm just glad he is listening to me and not going rogue.

Thanks fellas for the responses! I appreciate it :)

Battletoad

Reaction score
He's lucky to have someone knowlegeable to look out for his best interests. SO MANY guys that have zero business doing shit in the first place always seem to be the ones who are either on it, or worse yet, hooking a buddy up. Good call on the oral, too.

Reaction score
I wish I had that for my first cycle and to have someone care and look out for me. Not many friends out there like that anymore

Reaction score
This is all interesting and similar , reading what you all have to say about this matter. I have been in the same predicament the last few years. Going to the gym working out like a dog trying and trying to stay in shape and get bigger. I have never had any supplements, though I have always been curious to try.
Anyways I worked out for a few years and feel that I was plateauing. So I discussed getting gear with my wife, who is a personal trainer and lives in the gym herself. She has really always been against it. So I felt like I was tired of trying and not making anymore gains so I stopped going to the gym and basically told her I was done with it until I could get some gear so that I made better gains.
Well I finally got her to say yes, but I haven't been in the gym in probably 10 months. I would like to start getting back in the gym and get back in shape then try to get some gear. I am like most of who said they didn't know anything about taking gear when they started and not really having an experienced person with this knowledge around to help guide me. Any pointers of where to start other than the obvious (back in the gym)?
Age 33
Weight 155
Height 5'7''

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
This is all interesting and similar , reading what you all have to say about this matter. I have been in the same predicament the last few years. Going to the gym working out like a dog trying and trying to stay in shape and get bigger. I have never had any supplements, though I have always been curious to try.
Anyways I worked out for a few years and feel that I was plateauing. So I discussed getting gear with my wife, who is a personal trainer and lives in the gym herself. She has really always been against it. So I felt like I was tired of trying and not making anymore gains so I stopped going to the gym and basically told her I was done with it until I could get some gear so that I made better gains.
Well I finally got her to say yes, but I haven't been in the gym in probably 10 months. I would like to start getting back in the gym and get back in shape then try to get some gear. I am like most of who said they didn't know anything about taking gear when they started and not really having an experienced person with this knowledge around to help guide me. Any pointers of where to start other than the obvious (back in the gym)?
Age 33
Weight 155
Height 5'7''

Hey BW, start your own thread- you'll get a better response. And yes, first step is to get back into the gym.

Reaction score
Hey thank you. But I'm not too sure how to start a thread.
go to the page where you see all the threads and you should see a circle with a page in it and a plus sign at the top right of the page...click that and put your topic in the title and start your thread

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
M MAN

I have a buddy just like you, actually 2.

1 is 5'10 225, the other is 6'3 260. Both have started tes e @ 400-500mg and var. Both have cycled before, but not in the last 10yrs. They are loving life lol

Reaction score
That's what friends are for. You're doing the right thing by helping him do the right thing. We should all have a buddy like you looking out for us.

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Age 33
Weight 155
Height 5'7''

Dont bother starting your own thread, I'm about to tell you what pretty much all of us are going to tell you as well. Few problems here:
1. You gave up on training bc you couldn't have gear. That tells us a lot about your dedication, experience, and knowledge about training. If you hit a plateau and dont know how to get passed it naturally I dont recommend gear, not to mention you know absolutely nothing about gear. But that's a different point for later. Plateaus happen bc either you diet or training has become stagnant. Plateaus will happen even if you're on gear if you dont have that shit down, and they are not to be used to make up the lack of preparation you put into your training.
2. Diet, eat more. More calories+intense workouts=gains. Also get your sleep.
3. Change up your workouts. Drop sets, negatives, pyramids, rest/pause, etc. Do it all.
4. Learn to be mentally stronger. Unless you plan on blasting the rest of your life you are going to lose some strength and size when you cycle off. I dont care how good your PCT is, its going to happen. If you cant even handle a simple plateau i can imagine what your thought process is going to be like when you cycle off.
5. Listen to your wife, bc you're simply not ready. You admitted you know nothing about gear, and finding someone in the gym who is as knowledgeable about gear as some of us here is slim. Go to any bodybuilding website and listen to the newbs who have never even used gear sit there and say they know what someone is taking by their appearance, or they look and train like that bc they take this. That's the majority of the dipshits your going to rub into at the gym and get advice from. Even some of the bigger guys don't know what the **** they're doing, theyre riding off of their genetic potential that you more than likely do not have, so their info may be worth jack shit to you. Read up on the subject. Study about all the steroids you can, learn about their sides and what to take to combat the sides, learn the doses and esters, learn the pct protocols, read the studies that have been done that explain the physiological changes that these steroids create. Stick around a couple years and then decide if its for you.
6. If you decide to go on you need to understand that this may be a choice that can effect your future. I always tell people "if you have goals in mind that are achievable naturally, then do it naturally". There is no need to potentially screw your hormone production for life bc you couldn't wait a couple years to put in the work and dedication to get the results. If your goals are not obtainable naturally, well then you have to realize this is not a "use gear until you reach your goals and then you're done" sort of scenario. You have to keep using to maintain the physique you want to acquire. Its like dieting, you cant just diet until you reach the physique you want and then go back to eating how you used to and expect shit to stay the same. How you eat once you've reached the physique you want is now how you eat. Same with hormonal enhancement, that's your life now. And it may be for the rest of your life bc if you're goals are what they should be for using gear, the chances of your body producing normal levels of test naturally after you've decided its enough, are slim to none. So then its trt for you bud.

New Threads