John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
I hurt my back yesterday doing leg lifts on an uneven park bench

Not sure how it happened because I've done hem there before

This time it got sore within an hour I took Advil then went and worked a shift

Last night it was sore then this morning I did a weird thing half asleep

Did like a toss and turn them let out a scream in pain now I'm bed ridden

Pinched nerve or something I don't know yet but no ones gunna be home here till after 10pm

Solomc

Elite
Reaction score
I would try Ibuprofen 600mg 2-3 times a day. For five days.

Stretch ......

But I bet a million dollars it feels better when your moving and or standing.

Hope you feel better.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You need traction. Swallow some pills to get you moving around. Then get to a chiro or PT

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Foam rollers are a miracle cure for muscle aliments

hope its not your SI joint like i had last ye bout this time, fixable with trips to good chiro, but its a show stopper for sure

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Was able to get out the bed and use my desk chair on wheels as a walker to get to the bathroom and kitchen

Ate a bowl of cereal then ate 3 of the 200mg Advil

Took a nap and am now able to sit stand and walk

The sharp pain is still there but it's not excruciating

Muffy

Lady Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry hear. Take the time to heal. Stretching helps a lot. See a physiotherapist. I tore my hip flexors some time ago...couldn't walk for almost 2 weeks...couldn't even take a shit without assistance. I literally drank DMSO....saw a physiotherapist...and now I have to stretch everyday. I'm good as new now! All things heal...with time....get well soon babe.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
U may have a herniated disk and just not known about it.Its very common and doesn't always hurt until u aggravate it.only way to know is to get a mri

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
U may have a herniated disk and just not known about it.Its very common and doesn't always hurt until u aggravate it.only way to know is to get a mri

Have had this happen twice before once was around 1980 at 10 years old

Sat on a skateboard and rode it down a giant hill on the sidewalk that had spaces between slabs

You know what I mean the sound clack clack ...... clack clack .....clack clack all the way down the 1/2 mile hill

Was fine till the next morning couldn't get out of bed

Next time was around 1998 was slouched down in a drivers seat went over a dip in the road and did it

Same thing felt a pinch but didn't really hit me till trying to get out of bed the next morning

Now this its about the same type of a sharp pain down low

You may be right it could be a herniated disk dating back to the original injury

vukasinami

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I had that one at least you can move
I couldn't not move at all.
It is sciatica
I had surgery and it helped growth hormone also.
I had like four days no appetite,didn't shower.just one position in bed and turn just to take a leak.
Worst pain that i had in life

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Back injuries are the worst, Brother. Agreed re: ibuprofen and get to a chiro or a PT but try to keep moving (easier said than done I realize).

Heal fast, M8.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Hey Z, sorry to hear about your back. I've been down that road, several MRIs, PT, epidural steroid injections, etc... I have three disc bulges. They 're very prevalent and can cause a lot of discomfort. I'm also the guy does rhe epidural steroid injections as part if my job. A disc bulge is different than a herniated disc. Bulging discs put pressure on nerve nerve roots which in turn cause inflammation and thus pain. A herniated disc is a disc tht has actually ruptured. An MRI is necessary to diagnose and differnetiate between the two.

Treatment is aimed at relieving symptoms, surgery is definitive treatment if the actual problem. The good news is that out of all disc bulges it's actually a relatively small percent that need surgery, and disc bulges can resolve over time quite to where it's not problematic. Here's a pretty good article. I haven't had any issues in years but I've noticed that if my body Fat round my core gets to a certain point my back is the first to let me know it's too much.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2907819/

Last edited:

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
It was mentioned a few times in your post but go see a chiropractor asap. I have 2 bulging discs and at the first sign of pain, Im at his office. My chiropractor has a Physical Therapist on staff that also helps with any treatment needed. You could be pain free in a matter of an hour. I swear by them.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Last night went into the gym rode the seated stationary bike with the big seat and legs positioned out front type 45 mins

the. Got on an elliptical for 15 mins thinking this might not help the back or maybe even hinder recovery but I don't wanna sit around and gain back belly fat so I went for it

Woke up got outa bed back feeling a lot better still a little stiff but the sharp pain is over halfway gone now

The injury is 70% healed today IMO

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Be careful...its 70% healed...until the split second it isnt and your back to square one

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good on ye for slowly getting back in the game, but like IHI mentions, keep it in-check & take it slow lest ye end up back in bed for another week.

Athena

Lady Member
Reaction score
Hey, how's your back by now? And did you figure out what it was

New Threads