Drinking raw Eggs

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
The heat changes the structure of the protein molecule, which makes more of the protein accessible to your digestive enzymes. Also helps reduce the protease inhibitors (these prevent your body from breaking down the protein = not digested) naturally present in egg whites.

I've copy & pasted this post into 3 threads now, not sure if that's because people are too lazy to search or just refuse to accept the truth (cooked is better than raw), but here we go again:
http://jn.nutrition.org/content/128/10/1716.full

- 24hr digestibility of cooked egg protein = 91%
- 24hr digestibility of raw egg protein = 51%
"The higher digestibility of cooked egg protein presumably results from structural changes in the protein molecule induced by heating, thereby enabling the digestive enzymes to gain broader access to the peptide bonds. It has been suggested that the reduced digestibility of raw egg white is at least partially related to the presence of trypsin inhibitors in raw egg whites."

Pasteurization helps side step most of this but considering there is more than one protease inhibitor in raw egg whites I'd be hesitant to say it solves all of the bioavailability issues without some data to back that up. Plus is it really THAT difficult to cook the damn things? :)

First time I've seen it but thanks.

Solomc

Elite
Reaction score
Snakes gonna be able to give you the best answer about eating eggs he loves them

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
my buddy has a son with cerebral palsy, around the time of the ice bucket challenge he started a raw egg challenge to raise awareness and you could choose to either do the challenge which was to drink 3 eggs or donate to the cause, or obviously do both or nothing at all. so I did the egg challenge and I tell you what it was pretty nasty. in a shake it's fine but by itself was pretty gnarley lol.

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
my buddy has a son with cerebral palsy, around the time of the ice bucket challenge he started a raw egg challenge to raise awareness and you could choose to either do the challenge which was to drink 3 eggs or donate to the cause, or obviously do both or nothing at all. so I did the egg challenge and I tell you what it was pretty nasty. in a shake it's fine but by itself was pretty gnarley lol.

Every now and then I don't blend it up well enough and get a huge cord of yolk. It's f-ing mortifying when it happens.

Reaction score
Never had a problem downing a few raw eggs. Watched my dad do it everyday for years when I was a kid.

3-4 eggs, shake some pepper on them, couple splashes of Tabasco sauce. Down the hatch.

I did it that way every morning for a couple years here recently, till I joined this site and saw that study.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
IT IS A NICE IDEA. but i am not interested to follow this. Drink raw egg is not flexible for me, that's why i am eating more omelette....:32 (18):

Here. Let me save you some time: GO AWAY

We don't want what you're going to try to sell.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
thanqqqqqq for reply Jin......:32 (8):

I'm honestly trying to save you time. As soon as you start trying to sell us shit you're gonna get banned, so why waste all this effort. Just **** off now.

Also, nice try on the neg rep: you don't have enough seniority to neg rep me yet. Douche bag.

New Threads