New Guy

Reaction score
Hey ladies / gents I'm new here. This is the first forum I have ever subscribed to so any help in working out would be awesome. I have been going through threads and reading everything that I can to help me out, so I don't have to bother you guys about workouts and nutrition. One question though has anyone used ( Status ) at all I was thinking about getting their product?
also glad to be here!!!

Reaction score
Guess I should have added abit about me so anyways I'm active duty Air Force, I'm 26 yrs old and 190 lbs. I left on deployment and got hurt so lost all my gains I had and couldn't do any type of workout to stay fit since I had to learn to re-walk / run. Lost a lot of confidence in myself but I'm making the change and pushing forward and getting back into working out it's going to be a long journey for me but I'm ready to put in the work. Thanks in advance for any and all help

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
First off, thank you for your service. If there's anything I can do to repay the favor, just ask.

I don't know the extent of your injury but it sounds severe. We all lose some confidence when we are painfully reminded that we are human but most guys regain that confidence in time. I hope you find a way to do the same.

Reaction score
Well the injury is done and over with and I appreciate the help. I have been going over a lot of threads to see what I should purchase for myself be it whey protein and vitamins etc. I have fish oil pills if that counts. The workouts I do, not really sure I don't have a set regime anymore I just go in the gym and workout but I'm thinking of getting a personal trainer at planet fitness and see if that works out for me. I just need to get back in the gym and bust my ass.

Reaction score
If you have any idea on the things I should purchase for working out that would be awesome. I don't want to use GNC they are money hungry with their sale prices. Or if there is a good workout plan to follow that would be great to. I'm sure I could look up the nutritional part of this all.

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Don't get too wrapped up in supplements. I like buying individual items in bulk on Amazon and making a pwo, some fish oil (or krill oil), and some protein powder.
Sorry more about your overall diet than supplements. Supplements are just what they're called--they supplement deficiencies in your diet.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, but you'll get better answers if you do some research first.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Welcome to UGBB. Thank you for your service. The important thing is to get the training nd diet nailed down. As far as supplements go, Costco also sells whey protein.

Reaction score
right now I have no limitations since all the physical therapy and pain management is over and my goal is to have muscle and look good again not just for me but my wife also. I can be at the gym any and all days 7 days a week if need be. I wake up at 330am and work until 2pm and usually just go to the gym after that. I have been going over some threads about products but not sure if I should get any since there are mixed reviews on everything. I used to just eat a lot on deployment and gained everything that way since the food was free.

Reaction score
KM and BRICKS thanks for the replies I'll do some research and also check out Costco and see what they have and hopefully not get overwhelmed with everything I look at

Solomc

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to UGBB. Search the forums you will find a plethora of training guides and nutrition forums as well.

Reaction score
Welcome to UGBB. Thank you for your service. I'm also active duty and new to the forum world looking for some advice on training. Good luck to you

Reaction score
Alrighty then so I just got back and bought my workout stuff and $300 dollars later I'm going to start hitting the gym hard but I need to go get my Bluetooth earbuds first. I'll post what I bought after I get back to my house and hopefully it's all good stuff. I would take a picture but not sure how to post a picture on a thread like this.

Reaction score
Alright guys I'm not sure how to post pics but here's a list of my workout stash I bought the other day:

promasil
bulk 1340 pro
multivitamin
xtend BCAAs
triple strength fish oil

if there's anything else I should grab let me know other than that I'm going to be planning out a meal regime for myself. Also I'm not trying to use pre-workout I don't want my body to be reliant on that.
Any help with where to find good work-outs would be great also and yes I will do my research in the forums also.

P.S: what do you guys do to have hairless bodies lol I have to much hair and want it gone!!!

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
sup·ple·ment

NOUN

• something that completes or enhances something else when added to it:

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Dont know what you are getting at with giving me a noun but I'll take it....

Contrary to what the supplement industry would have you believe, they are the least important aspect of getting fit/gains.

He's saying you're too focused on the sprinkles and not focused enough on the ice cream. Focus on the ice cream.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
basically he's saying you want to get all your nutrients and hit your macros with real food. a supplement supplements what your not getting from food. like chicken breast is better than a protein shake but if you don't have the time/means to get a meal then and only then a shake is an ok alternative. make more sense now? good luck dude.
also I've tried many Bluetooth buds and the beats are definitely the longest lasting/best sound quality for the price.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Welcome

First thing is do not hire a personal trainer at planet fitness. Pleaseeee save your time and money.

Focus on compound movements like squat, bench, deadlift, overhead press, barbell rows and so on. Look into a push pull legs routines they work well for everyone.

New Threads