New Guy

Reaction score
300 bucks is a lot of money for what you got, but at least you didn't get homeopathic hgh or some weird crap. I'd get creatine instead of BCAAs next time, but if you eat a lot of red meat you could probably skip it.
I get Monster Milk protein from Amazon because, right now, it's 12.99 for 2.2 lbs for cookies and cream. 5 lbs of chocolate was 30 bucks. I get instant oatmeal from BJs and mix a packet in with my shake and 2 cups of milk. That gives me more money to spend on real food. Other stuff I get from bulk supplements. I'll drop in to a supplement store every now and then and see if they have shakes or bars marked down due to nearing expiry date and if they're a kind I like. Don't let the guys at the supplement stores talk you into junk.

As for the hair, I shave several times a week.

Gibs--I have a hard time believing Beats are worth the price. I've never used them, though, to be fair. I only wear buds when I'm training so the music is kinda just there for background noise.
I'm happy with my Kicker buds.

Reaction score
Welcome

First thing is do not hire a personal trainer at planet fitness. Pleaseeee save your time and money.

Focus on compound movements like squat, bench, deadlift, overhead press, barbell rows and so on. Look into a push pull legs routines they work well for everyone.
I didn't like PPL at first because I felt like it didn't give me enough training on each body part like I felt that I was getting with bro splits. After several months of trying PPL again, it has actually grown on me. Great strength and size gains.
Plus, as a good friend pointed out to me, if life happens and I miss a day it helps me not have to go two weeks before hitting the muscle again.

Make sure you give a split or training regimen time, imo. Don't do 4 weeks and then just jump into something else.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
300 bucks is a lot of money for what you got, but at least you didn't get homeopathic hgh or some weird crap. I'd get creatine instead of BCAAs next time, but if you eat a lot of red meat you could probably skip it.
I get Monster Milk protein from Amazon because, right now, it's 12.99 for 2.2 lbs for cookies and cream. 5 lbs of chocolate was 30 bucks. I get instant oatmeal from BJs and mix a packet in with my shake and 2 cups of milk. That gives me more money to spend on real food. Other stuff I get from bulk supplements. I'll drop in to a supplement store every now and then and see if they have shakes or bars marked down due to nearing expiry date and if they're a kind I like. Don't let the guys at the supplement stores talk you into junk.

As for the hair, I shave several times a week.

Gibs--I have a hard time believing Beats are worth the price. I've never used them, though, to be fair. I only wear buds when I'm training so the music is kinda just there for background noise.
I'm happy with my Kicker buds.

I went through a couple pairs of skull candy and a couple other brands before paying the 120 for the beats. sound quality is better and I had them for a year, till I stepped on them by accident. just picked up a new pair on Groupon for 80. just my opinion brutha

Reaction score
I went through a couple pairs of skull candy and a couple other brands before paying the 120 for the beats. sound quality is better and I had them for a year, till I stepped on them by accident. just picked up a new pair on Groupon for 80. just my opinion brutha
That's actually a lot less than I imagined they cost. I've priced beats headphones and they were more than that, so I made the erroneous assumption that the buds were more, too.

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies guys I appreciate it. I'll look at the workout routines and find which one works best for me thanks for the help.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the board, and thank your for your service. Sorry to hear about your injury as well, but it looks like you are not going to let that stop you from achieving your goals, are you?
All I will say is: Think about how much chicken you could have bought for $300.......

Reaction score
Now that you I'm thinking about it yeah... on the other hand sometimes I never get to eat while I'm at work so the shake will do me some good

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Now that you I'm thinking about it yeah... on the other hand sometimes I never get to eat while I'm at work so the shake will do me some good

I'm on the road running around all day man, I pack 3 meals, 2 shakes and healthy snacks for work. actually my chick packs it all for me lol. point is if you pack ur shit and have it on hand you can eat when you need to. downside is I eat all my shit cold but whatever at least I'm feeding my body as it needs.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the UG

Reaction score
Thank you for your service. I'm new to UGBB as well but people here seem to be really sincere and knowledgeable so welcome.....

Reaction score
Well Gibs I bought a lunch bag that can store 3 meals and 4 drinks from gnc it's the 6 meal bag but smaller version it's pretty nice to have though for sure

New Threads