Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new and novice

Thanks

new and novice

hey guys, 5'11" 160lbs 20yo lifted senior year of high school and made some solid gains. went from 135 bench and 185 squat to 225 bench and 285 squat. that was in 7 months of serious lifting. last year or two i've been ****ing off and eating poorly, not enough mainly, lost some weight. Lost damn near 15lbs in the last 5-6 months. i cheated death in jan this year, rolled at 110 end over end no seatbelt and ejected out the sunroof, walked 2 miles home after. Blessed for damn sure. i got ****ed up mentally by it and drank alot after, ate barely anything and weighed 145 in april. moved and have been eating better, not drinking and lifting again. Been going every day but 1 for 2-3 months now. got some food from wally world today and tried to write up a meal plan so advice would be just swell (besides to wear a ****ing seatbelt). I'll put up pics of my scrawny ass for a base of what im working with. goal of 180 by dec. 4lbs a month. advice, stories and profanity all greatly appreciated

Thanks
    wake up 6:30pm
    7:30pm meal 1: 8oz breast, 1 egg, 1 muf= 56g protein/28g carbs/ 12g fat
    11pm clock-in
    11:30pm meal 2: 4 oz beef, 2 oz tuna, 1/2 cup cottage, 1/2 cup rice= 51g protein/ 78g carbs/ 13.5g fat
    3:30am meal 3: 4oz breast, 1/2 cup meat sauce, 1/4 lb spag, 2 cups sweet p= 45g protein/ 146g carbs/ 9g fat
    7-7:30am clock out
    7:30am meal 4: 2 cups sweet p, 1 egg, 1 muf= 14g protein/ 80g carbs/ 7g fat
    8:30-9:30am gym
    10-10:30am meal 5: 4oz tuna, 1/2 cup cottage, 1 scoop whey= 58g protein/ 13g carbs/ 6g fat
    daily macros= protein: 224g/ carbs: 345g/ fat: 47.5g cal.:2,676
    recommended macros= protein: 209g/ carbs: 313g/ fat: 77g
    15g surplus protein, 32g surplus carbs, 29.5 deficit fats

Thanks
    KIMG0162.jpgKIMG0161.jpgKIMG0157.jpg
    going to hit a solid 200+ before ****ing with gear, lots of time to learn. resources for info would be real dandy. been browsing forums, just dont know where to start learning.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,677 Times in 828 Posts
    Welcome to UGBB. Start learning by reading the stickies on training and diet, go from there. You have a good start, stay consistent with your training and eat...then eat some more. After that, eat some more. It's a long game, so keep putting one foot in front of the other and you'll see results.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BRICKS For This Useful Post:

YoungBuck (07-15-2017)

Thanks
    thanks man, just stuck the chicken breasts in the oven and said **** it im just going to eat as much as i can. those chickens are massive. will read up on the stickies tonight.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to YoungBuck For This Useful Post:

BRICKS (07-14-2017)

Thanks
    Do yourself a favor and forget all the bodybuilding diet stuff. You don't need chicken breast and cottage cheese all the time. Get your calories in the fun way: steak, cereal, whole milk, pancakes, avocado, ice cream etc. You've got very little body fat, take advantage.

You seem to have some wisdom for a 20 year old; Near death experiences can really put things in perspective.

Welcome to The Underground.
    Bigorexia is real.
    And you're too small.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jin For This Useful Post:

BigJohnny (07-15-2017),BigSwolePump (07-15-2017),BRICKS (07-14-2017),Solomc (07-15-2017),YoungBuck (07-15-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,557 Times in 3,861 Posts
    Like jin said start getting your calories from all types of food man. Dense juicy fattening foods too. Burgers pizza potatoes cheese lots of milk tacos burritos and everything else u can think of. Slam it all down and watch yourself grow to 200lbs.
    Strengthfirst

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECKSRATED For This Useful Post:

BigJohnny (07-15-2017),YoungBuck (07-15-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,367 Times in 766 Posts
    I'm going to help you out tremendously so listen up:

Don't weigh or measure your food. You are skinny. Eat as much as you like then eat more. You can easily gain 20lbs by the end of the year if you eat more.

You didn't post anything about your training. You did mention squat and bench numbers so at least you are doing those. Now add deadlifts. From there make a 5 day training regime with those 3 movements as a base and you will be well on your way.

Good Luck and Welcome aboard.
    DNP is for pussies. Fix your diet and do work, you lazy fuk.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BigSwolePump For This Useful Post:

YoungBuck (07-15-2017)

Thanks
    Eat eat eat eat eat eat eat. Welcome to UGBB

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Solomc For This Useful Post:

YoungBuck (07-15-2017)

Thanks
    Really appreciate it guys, good to clear the hype from my head. Won't be wasting any money on supps from now on, got a 500g bag of creatine mono sitting around from awhile ago im going to start taking 5g a day, other than that and bcaa's just going to buy food and eat as much as i can.

Yeah jin big wake up call, pulled my head out of my ass and realized im not the only ****er living on this planet. new meal plan i wrote up just now: eat everything, and lots of it.

Thanks GrandeSwole, watched too many of those god damn youtubers before bed. Training wise i've been doing single muscle groups once a week. Heavy and 3-4 sets not including a warmup. 8-12 reps, last sets usually a drop set so ill do same weight as my second to last set to failure then drop 15-20 lbs and do 4-5 more slow reps and squeeze the muscle till it burns. 5 days on 2 days off, starting with legs, back, chest, shoulders, arms then rest. sometimes ill rest a day after arms then hit legs and rest a day after that, i got to walk on my lambofeeties so its a bitch sometimes with the gimp walk going on. legs i do quad extensions then hamstring curls then leg press, i go to planet shitness so no real deadlifts but i throw in some dumbbell romanians but not everytime. back is wide lat pulldown, close grip pull down using the handle on the row, then single row and seated row not always in that order. chest is flys on machine or dumbbells, incline dumbbell press, pullovers and decline dumbbells. shoulders is lateral raise, front raise, rear delt flys but on the machine then cable lateral raises, and i dont know what its called but i put the single handle on the cable and put it at the heigth of my elbow then rotate my arm backwards with my elbow bent and it pumps my rear delt up like crazy. arms curls with flat bar on cable palms facing me, tricep extensions with rope attachment, reverse grip curls, french press, hammer curls seated so i dont swing it, skull crushers, ez bar curls, then last two sets i do forearm curls with an easy bar and my arms resting on my legs till i cant carry the bar back to the rack.

Similar to what i did before i stopped lifting in high school with a few extra exercises. volume is pretty high but i go heavy as i can for 8-12 and increase each set not much rest in between exercises besides when i end each set and get a drink. thanks solomc, i think thats going to become a face tat, right on the forehead.

Thanks
    Welcome to the UGBB and glad to hear your doing good after the crash. You give a new meaning to going through the roof...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Military_Spec For This Useful Post:

YoungBuck (07-15-2017)

Thanks
    Lmao thanks man just got to keep going forward now, and wear my god damn seatbelt ��

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast