Fasted cardio

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Ive been doing fasted cardio for a few weeks while making great gains and losing fat. I feel great all day and usually dont eat until 10-12. Lift around 4 and then do 25 mins more of cardio after 1.5 hrs of lifting. The massive amount of "studies" Ive ever read about weight training and exercise do not in any way conform to my results

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I’ve never gone to the gym on an empty stomach..maybe cuz I don’t have fat for my body to eat off of ...so pre-workout meal is needed for me:)

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I masturbate fasted does that count as fasted cardio, I edge myself as well to make it last 40 mins

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Fasted cardio works, but not because you turn into a fat burning machine. It works cause you're eating less.

Last edited:

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I’ve never gone to the gym on an empty stomach..maybe cuz I don’t have fat for my body to eat off of ...so pre-workout meal is needed for me:)

i can handle cardio fasted, but i found out the hard way that lifting on an empty stomach. I need at least a protein shake in me before i lift.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i can handle cardio fasted, but i found out the hard way that lifting on an empty stomach. I need at least a protein shake in me before i lift.

lol...well part of my deal is probably what and how much I eat ..so I can’t not eat when it comes to any part of training

Chill days no issue..as in going hiking etc... for fun:)

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I did fasted cardio for years while competing as a wrestler as saw good results from it.
I was already very lean 8% and eating very clean and portion restrictions. My fasted cardio would not be anything intense I would save my intense conditioning for when I had fuel in my body. I was not lifting seriously at the time so cannot give any input as far as muscle loss or strength loss while doing it but I would imagine as long as you don’t over do it and your diet is sufficient you should not suffer and loss of gains or strength
would not do fasted cardio with any max effort workouts only medium or low intensity stuff. Would not try HIIT fasted

New Threads