Coming off a Year of TRT dosage

psychoink

Reaction score
So I have always had low test which is what motivated me to do my own TRT cycle. Half a CC of test C for the last year. Back story: had blood work done a yr ago Test lvls came in at 312 Dr didn't want to help cuz Free test was low but normal. I wanted to come off and hope lvls would drop so that I could go back and get checked again. I been off for 4 weeks now but was wondering how long I shoukd wait to which they might be at their lowest. Any thoughts

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yes you're T is crashed but so is your HTPA. Luteinizing hormone level could be crashed too (probably is) and any Endo worth his salt will make you wait 4-8 weeks and test again if you're LH is too low. In my experience waiting 2-3 more weeks may save you a lot of hassle.

FYI: depending on your provider 312 isn't low enough (ridiculous I know) so take a private blood panel now and see where you are going in.

Reaction score
Yes you're T is crashed but so is your HTPA. Luteinizing hormone level could be crashed too (probably is) and any Endo worth his salt will make you wait 4-8 weeks and test again if you're LH is too low. In my experience waiting 2-3 more weeks may save you a lot of hassle.

FYI: depending on your provider 312 isn't low enough (ridiculous I know) so take a private blood panel now and see where you are going in.

I've been on trt non-stop for about 17yrs! You have to make sure you're taking hcg, arimidex and proscar every week if you continue down the trt road! Sometimes I wish I didn't continue, but it is what it is....

psychoink

Reaction score
I've been on trt non-stop for about 17yrs! You have to make sure you're taking hcg, arimidex and proscar every week if you continue down the trt road! Sometimes I wish I didn't continue, but it is what it is....
The only reason I started self medicating was to have a normal life... have enough energy to play with kids and have a normal sex life. I want everything to be legit and not have to meet a guy in the parking lot ya know... I can see all the other stuff being a hassle but the pros out weigh i think ill try and wait a few more weeks and see how we look... worse case I keep meeting the guy in the parking lot... Lol

psychoink

Reaction score

So 4-8 weeks will bring HTPA back up and more than likely my T lvls huh ... Yea Dr said 312 is normal smh but hopefully a yr on trt and coming off will bring that number down

Reaction score
The only reason I started self medicating was to have a normal life... have enough energy to play with kids and have a normal sex life. I want everything to be legit and not have to meet a guy in the parking lot ya know... I can see all the other stuff being a hassle but the pros out weigh i think ill try and wait a few more weeks and see how we look... worse case I keep meeting the guy in the parking lot... Lol

I hear you bro.....I started for same reasons! Also I started gaining weight for no reason and barely ate!
Most Drs don't want to deal with trt! You need to find an older Dr- preferably a urologist! Some endocrinologists and Family practice Drs will prescribe it also??
Other than that, you either have to pay up the ass with a Dr online through say genemedics.com
I've used them for additional reasons but got tired of paying thousands per year! However, it's all top quality test, hgh, hg, deca and so on!
I have plenty of test and now and have a great hcg source, $16 for 5,000u! Now I just hunt for deca for my joints mainly and anavar, winny and primo! Some of which is for my wife...

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
All you can do is do blood work and find out. I don't see a reason to go to an endo. If your doctor won't prescribe trt when your test levels are barely above 300, then get a new Primary.

Reaction score
All you can do is do blood work and find out. I don't see a reason to go to an endo. If your doctor won't prescribe trt when your test levels are barely above 300, then get a new Primary.

Some endos will give it! However an older urologist or primary MD not DO will be your best bet at getting trt!
I've worked side by side with every type of Dr out there for over 20 yrs + and am giving you your best chances!
Your chances are lower when it's a DO and or younger Dr period!

psychoink

Reaction score
Some endos will give it! However an older urologist or primary MD not DO will be your best bet at getting trt!
I've worked side by side with every type of Dr out there for over 20 yrs + and am giving you your best chances!
Your chances are lower when it's a DO and or younger Dr period!
I went to an old urologist he was a dick lmao... he didn't want to help me cuz my numbers were normal... I have a buddy who went to his primary... a lady who didn't know much about it and prescribed him Test C... So that's my next step... his numbers were a lil lower than mine so fingers crossed

Reaction score
I went to an old urologist he was a dick lmao... he didn't want to help me cuz my numbers were normal... I have a buddy who went to his primary... a lady who didn't know much about it and prescribed him Test C... So that's my next step... his numbers were a lil lower than mine so fingers crossed

That's the key, most old dudes don't know whereas young ones know! Surprisingly, some females will do it...but it's rare!

Anabolic Reality

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Find a better doctor. They are out there. If my endo saw my levels at 312 she would have a heart attack. That's ridiculous, the only reason why you are denied is bc your doctor isn't schooled in practicing hormone regulation and they don't want some malpractice suit against them. I wouldn't wait and go back to the same doc. Id find another one. If you go back I bet my bottom dollar you get prescribed androgel waaay before you get a bottle of test cyp.

Reaction score
or you can call titan medical center and pay 150/month for trt (test, adex& hcg) delivered each month to your door. its by a doctor and you dont even have to go in, you can web chat with the doc and send your bloods to him...they give it out like candy

psychoink

Reaction score
or you can call titan medical center and pay 150/month for trt (test, adex& hcg) delivered each month to your door. its by a doctor and you dont even have to go in, you can web chat with the doc and send your bloods to him...they give it out like candy
No way... that's gonna be my back up for sure thanks for the info

psychoink

Reaction score
Why does he not take insurance I'm not sure if that's a dumb question but all Dr's i have ever been to do...

Anabolic Reality

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Why does he not take insurance I'm not sure if that's a dumb question but all Dr's i have ever been to do...
When the doc bills the insurance for the visit, labs, and everything else it becomes a hassle. If the treatment doesnt run in congruence with insurance treatment standards the insurance company makes it difficult for the doctor to collect. Basically they have the doctors by the balls and want to only support certain treatment options...cheap and low liability treatment. If the doc goes private pay they have the flexibility to treat on more of an aggressive level.

New Threads