Hello everyone, so glad to have found this site

Reaction score
I am a 52 yo male, slim build my whole life (ectomorph) with te metabolism of a hummingbird, 6'0" 165# now. Overall in great health, blood pressure, cholesterol, BMI, prostate. I was diagnosed with Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis in December 2014. About 6 months after that and while on disability due to the illness I started intense study of regulating and controlling the progression through diet and exercise. Initially with a trainer I began to have improvements of several symptoms. Due to recent divorce and other life issues I have not been in the gym for a year. So, I am starting fresh but looking for real results in bone density, muscle mass, overall energy, libido, mental clarity, etc.

I am overwhelmed by the number of products available (i know what snake oil is) and I am looking for guidance on selecting the right stack, the best source and info on adding HGH to a series of cycles.

Thanks everyone,

SCMM

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to UGB, M8.

Good on ye for getting back under the iron - it will only help ye both physically and mentally.

At yer age, height & weight, I would opt for getting bloodwork done first & then (if yer low) looking into TRT with yer Doc and hire a nutritionist.

No need to introduce other more harsh anabolics. Ye need to get yer Test levels in a good / healthy range, and pack-on some mass with hard training and a caloric surplus.

Train hard.

- Savage

Reaction score
I requested Test Therapy from my GP, we did test my levels which came back at 425ng

When training I get about 6,000 cals per day but that is relying an weight gainers

Last edited:
Reaction score
"I requested Test Therapy from my GP, we did test my levels which came back at 425ng"

Dr. said that number (425) is considered "normal" and would not prescribe. Interestingly MS and Low T exhibit many of the same symptoms. There are no real treatment options for MS that address the symptoms so I hypothesized TRT could reduce symptoms. There has been very little research in the area so I am taking things into my own hands.

Last edited:

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome aboard.

A few things that I noticed:

At 52yo, your test levels seem pretty good. Not that having more couldn't help for muscle building purposes. 6000 calories seems awfully high for a guy who only weighs 160lbs. I eat alot less than that at 270lbs. Are you sure that you are counting your calories correctly? Lastly, exercise alone can help you feel better, if you are just looking for an overall sense of well being.

Good Luck.

Solomc

Elite
Reaction score
I'm so glad I found this site too. Welcome

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome. You have probably read/learned about vitamin D and A and their relationship to MS I assume, but if not, look into that.
May I ask when you got your bloodwork done (timewise)...? Early in the morning will be the strongest/highest hormone levels and then it tapers off as the day goes on... So you might feel fine in the morning, but then experience low T symtoms in the evening... Do you need a referral to go visit an Endo...? If not, you might want to look around for a well respected Endo in your area and get a second opinion. I would only assume that TRT would help you to feel better in general and thus, reduce at least some of the symtoms of MS (if only slightly).

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey Savage:

Is this the recommended TRT Testosterone Enanthate.??

Most GPs and Endos will script you for Test E if yer low, yes. Doses vary from one doc to the next, typically in the 100-200 mg range.

Get yer Doc to show you how to pin on yer own - saves you the commute to his office and the co-pay every week / twice per week.

New Threads