Hex bar f'ed me up.

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
I was doing deadlift at anytime gayness last night. All the bars were taken up by people doing squats and dls with 10 lb rubber weights. So I thought I'd try to use a hex bar for the first time. Load it up with 225, ok feels ok, bump up to 315, 2 reps in sharp pain on my lower back to the right. Like right above my ass crack but to the right. Immediately starts hurting, pretty painful all night and then this morning about the same. I'm relieved because usually the major soreness comes the day after or so. **** hexbar ,**** anytime gayness. I hate that gym, I only use it when my other gym closes early on the weekend. Rant over.

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Interesting that bb deadlift is easier on your back than hex bar. Typically hex bar is safer as your back is more upright.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Ehhh sounds like the same spot im dealing with right now. It sucks. Let it heal sil

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
Damn Sil, hope it's nothing much.
my old lady felt up the area and said all the muscles are knitted up down there now. I don't think it's anything serious but it's got me layed up in bed for my only day off this week.

Ehhh sounds like the same spot im dealing with right now. It sucks. Let it heal sil
Yes sir, did ice and tiger balm last night. Plan to do Epson salt bath tonight.
The hex bar deadlift is the beige carpet of compound lifts.

**** hexbar.

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
Interesting that bb deadlift is easier on your back than hex bar. Typically hex bar is safer as your back is more upright.

Idk man. I'm the mirror I thought my back looked pretty damn straight. No idea how this happened. Got me walking like an old man today tho.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Did you try a handful of beers, an old lawn tractor ride, and a hot shower??? Thats what ended up fixing my back.....

Solomc

Elite
Reaction score
Hmmm doubt it was the hex bar. Must have been all the gayness coming out of you at anytime fitness. Lol. Get well dude.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Doesn't really matter how straight your back was you can still get hurt. You're not used to it so something just went wrong from not being tight or whatever. Anyone get injured even with the most perfect form.

Zombialja Bones

Lady Member
Reaction score
Hexbar sure pulled a hex on your lower back.. :(

Hexbar is pure hexcraft, you must promise to never, ever, ever, ever use it ever again.

Get yout back rested.

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score

Maybe it just modified the muscles hit in a slight enough way it got him a ticket to snap city. Even minor changes at heavy weight can **** with your body if it isn't used to it or the form changes in a way that it's not used to. Just my $0.02.

New Threads