Does walking not count at cardio?

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score
I damn near tore my hamstring doing sprints.Buy a bike and hit the road

Wow, you mustve been sprinting with the gods haha.

Id love a bike though, just not something i can get as my future housing situation is still unknown

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score
Call me crazy but i definitely see some fat loss around my legs and its been around 3 weeks since ive started walking instead of taking a bus.
Though it could also be me starting to track my calories more strictly.

Currently rocking shorts in the gym these days. :32 (1):

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
First 10 pounds comes off fast..Just keep at it

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Wow, you mustve been sprinting with the gods haha.

Id love a bike though, just not something i can get as my future housing situation is still unknown
It's very easy to hurt yourself if u don't warm up the right way

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
The 11km i mentioned in my thread is me walking to/from work
Holy shit! That is almost 7 miles. That's impressive. You are better than I am.
I would be covered in sweat and smell like a trash can after an almost 3.5 mile walk to work. I would need a shower just to be allowed to be around people because of my smell.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
shoot I just finished walking 8 long blocks in 85 degree weather. I started to feel my arms, shoulders, quads, calves, swell a bit as I started to sweat. My vascularity also started to pop. I definitely feel a difference in how my body responds walking out in the elements compared to walking on a boring ass treadmill indoors. I'm thinking there has to be a cardiovascular impact as well compared to the two.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
shoot I just finished walking 8 long blocks in 85 degree weather. I started to feel my arms, shoulders, quads, calves, swell a bit as I started to sweat. My vascularity also started to pop. I definitely feel a difference in how my body responds walking out in the elements compared to walking on a boring ass treadmill indoors. I'm thinking there has to be a cardiovascular impact as well compared to the two.
Definitely some cardio vascular benefits from walking 3 miles in the elements. Im not kidding. If I walked even a mile in this heat, I would be gassed.

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score
Holy shit! That is almost 7 miles. That's impressive. You are better than I am.
I would be covered in sweat and smell like a trash can after an almost 3.5 mile walk to work. I would need a shower just to be allowed to be around people because of my smell.

Haha! Nope i dont get smelly afterwards, i guess its female genetics. I do get sweaty on the back and boobs but its literally only water.
And i take my time to walk that 3.5miles, in an average pace ill take 35 minutes tops.

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20170721-004101.jpg yesterday was my record number of steps.:32 (1):

Solomc

Elite
Reaction score
Haha! Nope i dont get smelly afterwards, i guess its female genetics. I do get sweaty on the back and boobs but its literally only water.
And i take my time to walk that 3.5miles, in an average pace ill take 35 minutes tops.

Whoa whoa whoa. Slow down here. Your telling me you can walk 3.5 miles in 35 minutes?

thats walking dam near 7mph. Lol. No freaking way. Not trying to rain on you. But am I not seeing something right here?

Any ways kudos to you to you and keep at it. Solo

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa. Slow down here. Your telling me you can walk 3.5 miles in 35 minutes?

thats walking dam near 7mph. Lol. No freaking way. Not trying to rain on you. But am I not seeing something right here?

Any ways kudos to you to you and keep at it. Solo

Haha well i can tell you i take 35mins to get to work. I do around 11km a day but thats just me going to and from work and also gym which is only a corner away from work. I dont do miles so perhaps you got the numbers wrong as i didnt check haha.

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score
Haha well i can tell you i take 35mins to get to work. I do around 11km a day but thats just me going to and from work and also gym which is only a corner away from work. I dont do miles so perhaps you got the numbers wrong as i didnt check haha.

I did just check that yesterday my max. Speed was 9.6km/h but not sure whats that in miles.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
walking throughout the day is great. Keeping you active is and will burn much more then a 40/50 min cardio workout. You keep your heart rate up much higher during the day and the walking constantly (sometimes for transportation) moves your metabolism a bit.

How you are doing 3-5 "sessions" we will say is great, I only know so much about how the body burns cals but you are on track for some results.

Reaction score
Woah, that's an impressive speed! And here I was thinking my *actual* workout times / pace were improving. Nice stuff! There's definitely some benefit there, for sure. Mind if we swap jobs? I could do with the excuse for some long walking sessions *sits down at desk again*

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score
Woah, that's an impressive speed! And here I was thinking my *actual* workout times / pace were improving. Nice stuff! There's definitely some benefit there, for sure. Mind if we swap jobs? I could do with the excuse for some long walking sessions *sits down at desk again*

Surely your work place isn't just around the corner? :p

New Threads