Hey Guys & Gals new here, hoping to contribute and gain some knowledge in the process

Reaction score
Hey Guys & Gals new here, hoping to contribute and gain some knowledge in the process

Hello everyone, new guy to this Forum read the "Sticky Notes" right away before even posting this lol. Let me start off by why I am here, for knowledge, advice, coaching, guidance. I've been working out since High School back in 2004, love the pump, love the results everyday and seeing new people obtain goals and get into the gym. My biggest downfall has been weight, I went all through high school at 145lbs gained a lot of strength but size and muscle mass not so much, ate like a horse with a big spoon I know I'm young yet and my metabolism is playing a big role in that, currently I'm bouncing between 160-165lbs pending on my calorie intake and water intake throughout the day/week. I guess my main focus on here is to either experiment down the alternative option road..... or do I hire a nutritionist? I mean I'm not prepping for any body building shows or anything like that, but I definitely want to start getting more lbs. on and more muscle mass. My workouts are powerlifting exercises and is more like the Russian pyramid training cycle don't get me wrong though I add in accessories so its not just the 3 power movements as my workout I pick a goal weight I want to reach and go out 13 weeks and work with percentages all the way up those 13 weeks, and strength increases each time I do that training cycle but size does not.

Thanks for taking the time to read and get to know my background/bio a little bit. I hope to hear everyone's input and or advice they can give and I will return the same for anything I can as well. I know no one is going to encourage use, but is it a valuable option in my situation?

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum I'm sure you will find tons of Info here and find that there's some really great guys and gals on here that will help you out in any way they can. Definitely a good place to be.....well hope to see you around and check out the stickies and the threads.........

trim

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
welcome. how tall are you if your 160ish?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Welcome. The secret to gaining weight is eating more. It's that simple.

Reaction score
I don't follow any diet plans currently, but mornings normally 3 eggs, 2 hashbrkwn patties, 4-5 sausage links followed by a carb replacement shake and protein mixed in with whole milk. Then it's off to work, will snack throughout the day till lunch then normally a burger or a few burritos, sometimes with potatoes or pasta whatever I cook up the night before. Then I won't eat till after my workout normally with a protein shake.

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome aboard.

My suggestion would be to get a food calc and track your macros. I would bet that you are not getting enough calories consistently. There are plenty of threads out here about meal plans and frequency.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't follow any diet plans currently, but mornings normally 3 eggs, 2 hashbrkwn patties, 4-5 sausage links followed by a carb replacement shake and protein mixed in with whole milk. Then it's off to work, will snack throughout the day till lunch then normally a burger or a few burritos, sometimes with potatoes or pasta whatever I cook up the night before. Then I won't eat till after my workout normally with a protein shake.

Well the good news is that diet isn't optimal so you have tons of room for improvement. You just need some more food.

What about something like this

Meal 1
5 eggs
3 slices toast
1 cup berries

Meal 2
sammich 5 to 6 oz meat, cheese, roasted red peppers (can get packed in oil) on whatever bread you like
Piece of fruit like a peach or some cherries
Salt and vinegar chips

Meal 3
Leftovers from dinner last night full serving of meat protein some veg and carbs or a big burrito

Snack on way to gym
1 scoop whey
3 or 4 graham crackers

Meal 4
Steak or burger
Baked potato or rice
Veg

Meal 5
Halo top light ice cream

Combine that diet with intense training and you will grow no doubt.

Thing is you are saying your training makes you stronger but not bigger. This usually just means your volume is too low. You might need more rep work. Or it means your diet was inadequate.

So adjust the diet first. If you start putting on weight that's great. Watch the waistline or other areas you gain fat first. If it gets out of control cut the portions above back slightly.

If that still doesn't get you more muscle let's address your training.

New Threads