Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
WR bar-only set

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Now that Ive tried this new technique I will never go back. No wonder my bench always felt like shit.

StillKickin

Elite
Reaction score
ECKS, thanks for taking time to do that.
Id been checking in a couple times a day on this one till you got it done.
Tell me about your grip width there, and where your wanting your elbows to be throughout.
Tnanks again.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
ECKS, thanks for taking time to do that.
Id been checking in a couple times a day on this one till you got it done.
Tell me about your grip width there, and where your wanting your elbows to be throughout.
Tnanks again.

Well my grip is about a half inch inside the rings but that's what comfortable for me.

U want your elbows in line with the bar at all times. Don't let the bar roll in your hands and let your elbows get in front or behind the bar.

That's another thing is how u hold the bar. Lots of guys hold the bar in the fingers and not in their palm. The bar should sit in your hand almost at an angle from the bottom of your pinkie across your palm to the bottom of your thumb. That's the strongest part of your hand and it will also keep the bar in lone with your elbows.

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well my grip is about a half inch inside the rings but that's what comfortable for me.

U want your elbows in line with the bar at all times. Don't let the bar roll in your hands and let your elbows get in front or behind the bar.

That's another thing is how u hold the bar. Lots of guys hold the bar in the fingers and not in their palm. The bar should sit in your hand almost at an angle from the bottom of your pinkie across your palm to the bottom of your thumb. That's the strongest part of your hand and it will also keep the bar in lone with your elbows.
Too true. Some dudes like Mike T have the wrists cocked way back and it looks painful as hell not to mention unstable.

StillKickin

Elite
Reaction score

Thanks man. I was never very good on flat. But I should have tried to learn some truly useful things likes this before I managed to ruin my left pec. Maybe I could have stayed up with the bigger boys back then.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Drifting it towards your face is really more a 1 rep max thing to lockout the lift that otherwise won't, it comes from shirted benching.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Drifting it towards your face is really more a 1 rep max thing to lockout the lift that otherwise won't, it comes from shirted benching.

Exactly but too many coaches are teaching raw benchers to push back or up.

And I'm not saying this is gonna work for everyone. It's just something that worked very well for me and I thought maybe some others could benefit from it as well. Trial and error.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Thanks man. I was never very good on flat. But I should have tried to learn some truly useful things likes this before I managed to ruin my left pec. Maybe I could have stayed up with the bigger boys back then.

Never too late man. How's the pec nowadays?

StillKickin

Elite
Reaction score
Never too late man. How's the pec nowadays?

Well it"s been right at a year here. The damage is apparent both relaxed, and especially flexed. I stick with dumbells mostly, as it "feels" better. Meaning I don't feel that hard stretch and pull at the bottom.
The only movement I don't do now is dumbell pullovers.
If I get under a flat bar I pre exhaust chest with cables and don't go over 165.
Its weird, I have kind of a dead spot going up where the pec looses contraction, then picks back up.
But no complaints here. It's all good. I'm not employed in the circus freak show, and the old lady still plays with my tackle!
And I'll be trying what you've shown us next chest day man.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Well it"s been right at a year here. The damage is apparent both relaxed, and especially flexed. I stick with dumbells mostly, as it "feels" better. Meaning I don't feel that hard stretch and pull at the bottom.
The only movement I don't do now is dumbell pullovers.
If I get under a flat bar I pre exhaust chest with cables and don't go over 165.
Its weird, I have kind of a dead spot going up where the pec looses contraction, then picks back up.
But no complaints here. It's all good. I'm not employed in the circus freak show, and the old lady still plays with my tackle!
And I'll be trying what you've shown us next chest day man.

That's all that matters is if the old lady plays with the tackle.

Let me know how it feels when u try it out brother

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to be able to bench again .1 month no bench and now I'm going away for 2 weeks on vacation.Nice video brother ecks always loved watching u lift

New Threads