Testosterone, ligaments, tendons and mitigating injuries

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I don't have answers, only questions.

With the recent injuries to UG members I've been pondering just how detrimental exogenous testosterone is to the health of ligaments and tendons. My understanding is that it does contribute to their weakening. We get routine blood work to ensure our hormone levels, lipids and red counts are in check, but to my knowledge their is no way of quantifying the impact exogenous testosterone is having on our connective tissue.

1) What is the impact of exogenous testosterone on connective tissue?

2) What ways are there, if any, to mitigate the risks of a tear or separation? (with proper warm up and good technique a given)

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Had a shoulder & ankle joint issue stemming from an old injury that have bothered and hindered for years.

Both are a lot less bothersome and painfull since starting trt one year ago

They feel stronger and more lubricated too

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
The ankle even used to make a loud popping sound with every step that is now gone

Dex

Elite
Reaction score
I do have quite the Popeye bicep peak now. I think the pain in my shoulders, that I thought was rotator, was actually my bicep tendons. Guess I have been stressing them too much. We will see what the MRI shows. I go in later today.

GreatGunz

Elite
Reaction score
My experience...... Myself believe that the tendons and ligaments do not strengthen or adapt as quickly as we build strength or muscle mass.So it really only makes sense that with constant tension and overload it is likely it will happen.

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
My experience...... Myself believe that the tendons and ligaments do not strengthen or adapt as quickly as we build strength or muscle mass.So it really only makes sense that with constant tension and overload it is likely it will happen.

at face value that is my belief as well, natty takes years to get big jumps so body adapts at same rate, using suppliments it ffw muscle while tendons/ligaments stay well behind the pace; but im anxious to see what POB has regarding this.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
I think it's because the muscles get strong so fast that the tendons and ligaments can't keep up with the stress and end up ripping or taring.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm thinking also that tendons and ligaments tend to become less elastic as we get older.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
As far as I've been able to gather;

Superphysiological test levels stop/drastically reduce tendon repair/growth. For me this is one of the most important reasons to return to a true trt level every once I a while. Eq and deca are claimed to increase collagen synthesis in the presence of normal civilian test levels. Anavar has been proven in several studies on humans to increase collagen synthesis, both growth and cross-linking.

TLDR; trt+var for strong tendons.

GreatGunz

Elite
Reaction score
at face value that is my belief as well, natty takes years to get big jumps so body adapts at same rate, using suppliments it ffw muscle while tendons/ligaments stay well behind the pace; but im anxious to see what POB has regarding this.

Probably some thing that has to do with cigars and peanut butter poptarts

New Threads