new one here

Reaction score
Hey…..
I recently registered here, so I would like to briefly introduce myself. I am a 5-8 male with 145lbs. I am completely new to bodybuilding I was looking for some fitness related guidance and found this forum helpful. If you want to give any tips regarding fitness, do give as I am a complete beginner.
Thanks a lot :)

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cheers, M8!

The basics: what are yer goals? At 5'8" and 145 Lbs I'm assuming ye want to add some mass, yea?

If so, start with diet. Determine yer TDEE (good calculator HERE) and lets get ye into a caloric surplus of at least 100-200 cals per day & we can adjust accordingly based on how yer body reacts. Get a min of 1 gram protein per scale weight (as a starting point) and fill-in yer other macros around the remaining calories you need per day to meet the caloric surplus.

Talk a bit about yer training. Whats yer current program look like?

Welcome to UGB!

- Savage

SuperBane

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to ugbb as they used to always say: post up and make friends.

Reaction score
Cheers, M8!

The basics: what are yer goals? At 5'8" and 145 Lbs I'm assuming ye want to add some mass, yea?

If so, start with diet. Determine yer TDEE (good calculator HERE) and lets get ye into a caloric surplus of at least 100-200 cals per day & we can adjust accordingly based on how yer body reacts. Get a min of 1 gram protein per scale weight (as a starting point) and fill-in yer other macros around the remaining calories you need per day to meet the caloric surplus.

Talk a bit about yer training. Whats yer current program look like?

Welcome to UGB!

- Savage

yeah, i m thin, which is fine by me. i am not doing any program. my main goal is to only get strength without bulking up. so for getting strength what should i do?

Reaction score
yeah, i m thin, which is fine by me. i am not doing any program. my main goal is to only get strength without bulking up. so for getting strength what should i do?
Welcome to the board.
Please answer the rest of Savage's questions.
They'll help us help you.

Solomc

Elite
Reaction score

If your okay with being a skeleton with skin draped over it then why care about getting stronger?

gonna have to get bigger to get stronger. What I mean by that's is. Your only gonna be as strong as 145lbs allows you to be at your height. So if your okay with 145 lbs then you gonna have to be okay with your strength.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
If your okay with being a skeleton with skin draped over it then why care about getting stronger?

gonna have to get bigger to get stronger. What I mean by that's is. Your only gonna be as strong as 145lbs allows you to be at your height. So if your okay with 145 lbs then you gonna have to be okay with your strength.

Eh, careful Solo. You can get pretty ****ing strong at 145. Lifted with a bro that pulled over 425 for reps at that weight. I bet OP isn't anywhere near that level. That being said, you can get quite strong without getting massive.

The he opposite is true, I'm 260 and under 14% BF and you bench at least 55lbs more than me at 205:)

Last edited:

New Threads