At 35% body fat decisions on methods

trim

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Back in january I was sitting at 35% bf as well. I am now around 15%. The main thing is going into this knowing its not going to take a month. Its going to take 6+months to drop the weight healthy. Lots of cardio and eating right on a slight calorie deficit. I did better when I avoided the scale and went more off of how my clothes fit. Good luck. You have a long but winnable road ahead of you.

Reaction score
If I was 35% bodyfat, my cardio would be pushing the fork away from my mouth.

You have about 81lbs of fat on you at a body weight of 234lbs and a height of 6'1. Get in the gym and do weight training. Build some muscle so you will have something to burn the fat. As far as cardio, trying just walking on the treadmill or riding a stationary bike for 30 min and work your way up from there. Meanwhile, drop your food intake alot and add 1 gallon of water to your diet. You are going to have to figure out how much to eat. Use this calculator then drop about 500 calories from there. In order to have that kind of bodyfat, you would have to be eating alot and you are going to feel hungry when you cut your calories. The water will help to make you feel full. I would cut out salt completely, there is no sense in retaining water and putting even more stress on your heart.

Good Luck.

Okay, so what is the difference between the calorie amount on the left and the "energy expendenture" on the right?

Is that saying I'm supposed to eat the amount of kcal on the left and workout the number of kcal on the Right?

Screenshot_20170927-174147.jpg

Reaction score
The left shows your basal metabolic rate.
The right shows your projected total daily energy expenditure.

Google bmr and TDEE for more details.

New Threads