At 35% body fat decisions on methods

timecode2

Reaction score
First and foremost I'm starting to get a gym routine going again, and a change to my diet/lifestyle I'm eating healthier and cutting down on portion sizes and eating more regular.
as an aid I was debating clen or DNP also my gym routine isn't set in stone, but I won't be doing HiiT atleast not until I'm under 20%.

just wanted to hear some advice or ideas to get me on track, really depressed I let 2 years slip by n I've become this blob of shit.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
best advice is always the most simplest, stay consistent, train hard with weights, lots of cardio and track your macros/stay very strict with your diet.

timecode2

Reaction score
Why don't you do HIIT now and think about clen or dnp after you get below 20% bf?

Mainly due to the issue it comes with me being out of breath fairly fast and light headed it's just a world of issues, last time I tried I was in pain, breathless, felt like I was going to die (slight exaggerated but not far from)

Reaction score
Understandable--that's what a good HIIT session feels like.
I'd say start with LISS, but throw in some sprints at the end. HIIT has metabolic advantages that extend beyond the training session, such as boosting your metabolic rate for a period beyond the duration of the exercise.
Make your dietary changes a firm part of your lifestyle and get your training in order before you consider clen, dnp, or any similar aids.
Laziness and poor habits got you into the mess you're in now. Fix your habits and dont try to take the lazy way out to solve your problems.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Mainly due to the issue it comes with me being out of breath fairly fast and light headed it's just a world of issues, last time I tried I was in pain, breathless, felt like I was going to die (slight exaggerated but not far from)

U feel like that because you are way out of shape. Don't be a pussy. Itll get easier the more u do it. You're almost 40% body fat so shedding weight fast should be easy at first

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Give it a month or so. When you are seeing steady progress if you want to speed things up throw in some ephedrine and caffeine.

Clen sucks and dnp will hinder your training.

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
As was already said, do cardio and fix that diet. Cardio is going to suck, but it will get easier. It will always suck, but you will get to a point rather quickly where you don't think you will die. And fix your eating. I was thinking about this exact thing the other day. We all have a choice of the food we put in our mouths. Sure we can make excuses of why we ate the ice cream, or cookies, or whatever, but it is still a choice. No one shoves that crap in our mouth. Everything has consequences one way or another, either good or bad, or insignificant. I have been down a path as well where I was weak and made excuses for getting out of shape but realized I made that choice, however small it started out to be. One thing led to another and bam, there I was, a fatty. Its not easy to get to where you want to be, but in the end you will look back and you will be glad you stuck it out. You will be healthier, have more energy, look and feel better. Good luck in your quest!

Reaction score
I totally agree with POB. I'd add that heavy body weight in general is killer on the joints. My knees hurt just thinking about HIIT cardio it after my bulk... I feel like a fat piece of #%it though so IDK....

timecode2

Reaction score
If you are a giant fat piece of shit don't be doing HIIT as you will be beating the **** out of your joints imo.

My general body is 105kg 35% bf I'm 6ft1 I get what you mean hence why HIIT i feel is a bad idea at first, I go hard to the point I'm gasping for air m feeling like I'm choking on the air. I used to do that Shaun T insanity years ago when I was like 25% or around that n I would be similar lol

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
If I was 35% bodyfat, my cardio would be pushing the fork away from my mouth.

You have about 81lbs of fat on you at a body weight of 234lbs and a height of 6'1. Get in the gym and do weight training. Build some muscle so you will have something to burn the fat. As far as cardio, trying just walking on the treadmill or riding a stationary bike for 30 min and work your way up from there. Meanwhile, drop your food intake alot and add 1 gallon of water to your diet. You are going to have to figure out how much to eat. Use this calculator then drop about 500 calories from there. In order to have that kind of bodyfat, you would have to be eating alot and you are going to feel hungry when you cut your calories. The water will help to make you feel full. I would cut out salt completely, there is no sense in retaining water and putting even more stress on your heart.

Good Luck.

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the stationary bike..in your situation it's probably ideal. Hit that ****er an hour a day minimum and push yourself a little harder each time.
And of course, diet is everything. If you're really fat, you can start losing immediately by simply shaving off junk foods and fill up on protein and vegetables with fiber. Like ecks said, losing will be easy at your bmi. At this point a little diet will go a long way..

Athena

Lady Member
Reaction score
First month of clean eating and at least some physical activity will already bring some changes. The first thing I did was too cut out all the salt, sugar and wheat. Start simply speed walking in the evenings for 45-60min plus weight training. I began with 3 wo per week. Muscles are essential as they burn your fat 24/7, unlike cardio. So I didn't really do much of it, just 20 min after weight training. The key to get most of it is to perform cardio on empty stomach. You can do it!

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score
Give it a month or so. When you are seeing steady progress if you want to speed things up throw in some ephedrine and caffeine.

Clen sucks and dnp will hinder your training.

Just curious why you think clen sucks?

Muffy

Lady Member
Reaction score
I am kinda in a similar boat as you and at times the information can get overwhelming. Also, as women we want results and we want it now!...lol...well im learning that's not the case and as for set backs.....trust me girl, I've had them but the key is to never quit. Even if you have to start several times over! Just focus on two things...strength and diet! I make sure I am eating according to my macro spread and I focus on getting stronger because beating ourselves up when we look in the mirror is not healthy. I found in my experience that when you focus on strength, the rest will follow.

I also found that weights is much more effective! I used to do tons of cardio and MMA conditioning (that was killer!) However, my strength and endurance was way better when I started lifting. Be patient baby girl, put on your mean mug face, and hit them plates!

Reaction score
A lot of smart people on here. Good group.

I have l lost a 100lbs. It wasn't easy and it doesn't happen overnight . Things that helped me are.....

1. Be strict on your diet but not too strict at first.
Take baby steps, give yourself a couple cheat meals a week. This has to be a lifestyle change. Can't just be a 6 month change. So if you go from eating all your favorite foods to eating broccoli and chicken every meal you're going to go back to eating unhealthy. As time goes by eating healthy becomes habit and you will start to eat healthier and healthier and you will eventually lose your cravings. Research what certain foods do to your body on a scientical basis and let that decide the food you ingest. But you have to balance pleasure and work to be successful.

2. Hit the gym, but not too hard.
It's awesome that you are in there killing it, but you're gonna burn out. You running half mile is gonna be like an in shape person running ten. Find an excersize that you like doing. For me it was lifting weights. I still hate cardio. Find that one thing in the gym that you find fun and make sure to incorporate it as much as possible. Because remember to be successful you have to balance pleasure and work.

3. Celebrate EVERY victory.
No matter how small. You lose 10 pounds go buy yourself that bad ass t shirt you have wanted. Telyour family the progress you're making. If your family members are unhealthy you will see their happiness for your weightless turn to jealousy because you are looking fly as ****. And they will not understand why their infomercial diet isn't working. Bust your ass drop more weight and buy that next size of pants down from what you're wearing now. Rock them ****ers because you busted ass to earn the right to wear that size. Take pleasure in your hard work.

4. Remind yourself of the health benefits
Keep thinking of the health risks you're reducing by being healthy. Being healthy means living longer. Living longer means being able to enjoy you're retirement better when you're 60. Then you can take pleasure after the work is done.

5. **** people that say shit.
You might be fat, but don't put up with people calling you lazy or piece of shit. When you do lose that weight more likely than not you will have put more hard work in than most others in the gym. (Unless you get surgery, then you really are a fat lazy piece of shit)

Eat right, train hard, stay commited. It's a lifestyle choice. Bust ass and reap the rewards.

Stay lifty my friend

Last edited:

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I would start by incorporating regular fasted steady state cardio w/ BCAAs, a high protein diet with plenty of fiber and resistance training (muscle mass puts a high metabolic demand on your fat stores).

Once you've proven to yourself that you can actually have the discipline to follow a regimen maybe incorporate an EC stack but definitely don't **** with clen or DNP to echo what PoB said. Eventually once you've gotten your BF% down and reduced the load on your joints switch to fasted HIIT.

Fat Gig

Reaction score
Im in no sort of good shape myself at the moment but if you are just starting out and carrying a good bit of extra weight i think maybe some swimming might be a good idea to try because it does not put a lot of strain on joints etc and is gentle on the body while still making you work pretty hard.im far from an expert but at least it could be a bit of a change from the standard treadmill/bike.And like has been said diet is a major

New Threads