Thanks

Glutathione for liver/immune system protectio

Has anyone here had any good results from glutathione? I use it IM for liver/immune system protection. It's a potent anti-oxidant that has good potential for it anti aging properties. I'm curious to see other guys opinion on it.
    ...Either play the part of the hammer, or be content playing the part of the anvil...

Thanks
    Thanked 10,435 Times in 4,489 Posts
    I never heard of it so I Googled it. I have to say I'm impressed and surprised I never came across this. Thanks for the info.

You administer it yourself IM? Is this something you buy OTC?
    Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.

fitasfuk50's Operating System DocDePanda187123's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,704 Times in 3,295 Posts
    • There may be some absorption of glutathione intact from the intestines, but it cannot enter cells intact. It must be metabolized to form L-cystine (two molecules of L-cysteine bound together) before being taken up.
    • Provision of L-cysteine within the cell is all that is needed to increase glutathione synthesis, and N-Acetylcysteinedoes this efficiently at a lower financial cost than glutathione.

In effect, glutathione is an indirect and expensive way to provide dietary L-cysteine. Dietary protein itself, including L-cysteine rich sources such as Whey Protein, are effective but inefficient ways to increase L-cysteine intake in the diet and N-Acetylcysteine is both more efficient and cheaper than glutathione.

https://examine.com/supplements/glutathione/
    II==[\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\]--------
    #Strength First Boston

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DocDePanda187123 For This Useful Post:

Battletoad (08-01-2017),NbleSavage (08-01-2017),rawdeal (10-06-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    I never heard of it so I Googled it. I have to say I'm impressed and surprised I never came across this. Thanks for the info.

You administer it yourself IM? Is this something you buy OTC?
    I buy mine from a company that formulates injectable amino acids and b12. It has significantly brought my liver values down. It can also help rid your body of heavy metals too.
    ...Either play the part of the hammer, or be content playing the part of the anvil...

Thanks
    Thank you for the info Doc, I didn't know NAC directly increased intracellular glutathione

Thanks
    Thanks for digging into this, Doc. I've seen more and more glutathione being promoted by sketchy TRT clinics, and it's seemed more like a trendy "thing" rather than anything with above negligible benefits.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavyhitter88 View Post
    I buy mine from a company that formulates injectable amino acids and b12. It has significantly brought my liver values down. It can also help rid your body of heavy metals too.
    Are these legal?

Lady Member
    Thanks
    Milk thistle has helped me when my liver was out of balance due to thyroid issues. Brought my ALP back down in no time. It also lowers cholesterol.
    Sugar spells FAT
    Processed meat is poison

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimandtrim View Post
    Milk thistle has helped me when my liver was out of balance due to thyroid issues. Brought my ALP back down in no time. It also lowers cholesterol.

worked for me as well. Glutathione is good for liver ,but mainly people take it for it's anti-aging and anti-oxidant purpose.
    just as a note if someone looking for anti-oxidants might wanna check astaxantin - it's the new sh*t.

StayHumble - StayHungry.