what about heart rate? bpm?

Reaction score
how beneficial would it be to get a heart rate monitor. how important is heart rate during cardio? is it something that can make a huge difference in how much i lose? sorry if its a dumb question but ive never payed too much attention to the little details like that. i want to make sure im doing everything possible to get rid of the excess adipose....all input is greatly appreciated.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nah I just suggest people use the talk test. Or the pukey test for hiit.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Just get a good huff going on. For basic cardio, I can can put together a few words to carry a conversation. If I was running, any word is impossible. I can barely manage yes and no nods with a few hand gestures thrown in.

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If you think your HR isn't high enough................it isn't high enough.

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
how beneficial would it be to get a heart rate monitor. how important is heart rate during cardio? is it something that can make a huge difference in how much i lose? sorry if its a dumb question but ive never payed too much attention to the little details like that. i want to make sure im doing everything possible to get rid of the excess adipose....all input is greatly appreciated.

I'm a data guy, so I like to see the heart rate data and the calorie burn that goes along with it. So it can be useful, depending on what you're looking at/for. I've noticed what different forms of cardio for instance that burn more cals or increase my heart rate more than others. It's just informational but I find the info useful for what I do.

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
Just get a good huff going on. For basic cardio, I can can put together a few words to carry a conversation. If I was running, any word is impossible. I can barely manage yes and no nods with a few hand gestures thrown in.

What kind of hand gestures are we talking about here....?

eKTJdjIERZG5ZJH0Najf_j8.gif