The Great Can Steroids Help Me Lose Weight Debate

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Call it what you will but when I am on cycle I lose bodyfat. In fairness, I do find myself more motivated and train harder. Is it because I trained harder or is because steroids did it? Personally, I think that they both work hand in hand to achieve the goal.
Will you lose bodyfat is you take steroids and not workout? Nope. Do they add to the effectiveness of your training regiment and goals? Whether mentally or physically or a combination of both, Absolutely.

^^^^ that proves my initial point in my first post.

For most of us when we run a good hard blast we put 100% into it. I go to bed when I should. I eat or don't eat depending on where my cals are at. I push my Intensities up.

I can't give the steroids credit for the fat loss then. No way. I am busting my ass and if I wasn't busting ass I would never see those results.

You can't all seriously think that you can eat in excess do steroids and be lean....

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Imo steroids are for building strength and muscle..Why not get into good shape before using them ? For the life of me I can't figure out why anyone would wanna keep the fat on? That's not the kinda weight anyone should want..the only reason I could think of anyone arguing me is just a lazy fuk who will never be a inshape person.

Define "in shape." In shape for what I mean.

So say I am prepping for a meet. One week out from the comp.

I am so anaerobic at this point I can't sip water without huffing and puffing after. Probably not in shape like you. Because what I am in shape for is 3 max effort singles and that's it.

Bit of a thread hijack

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Call it what you will but when I am on cycle I lose bodyfat. In fairness, I do find myself more motivated and train harder. Is it because I trained harder or is because steroids did it? Personally, I think that they both work hand in hand to achieve the goal.
Will you lose bodyfat is you take steroids and not workout? Nope. Do they add to the effectiveness of your training regiment and goals? Whether mentally or physically or a combination of both, Absolutely.

I said something very similar in the other thread talking about this. It's a combination for sure but I would give the credit for fat loss to the fact that when you are on cycle you train harder and diet harder. sitting on the couch eating hot pockets and cheetos blasting test ain't gonna do it.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Define "in shape." In shape for what I mean.

So say I am prepping for a meet. One week out from the comp.

I am so anaerobic at this point I can't sip water without huffing and puffing after. Probably not in shape like you. Because what I am in shape for is 3 max effort singles and that's it.

Bit of a thread hijack
I don't know pob pl and bb are two different worlds.For me if you take your shirt off and girls don't go nuts your not in shape lol

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
^^^^ that proves my initial point in my first post.

For most of us when we run a good hard blast we put 100% into it. I go to bed when I should. I eat or don't eat depending on where my cals are at. I push my Intensities up.

I can't give the steroids credit for the fat loss then. No way. I am busting my ass and if I wasn't busting ass I would never see those results.

You can't all seriously think that you can eat in excess do steroids and be lean....

This also proves my point because like you say on a hard blast you're doing everything right so you're actually not giving credit to the purpose of why you're doing what you're doing.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
the point is that steroids assist, but steroids without hard training and strict diet is a waste. ad far as my personal experience with tren, I cannot say for sure that it helps in fat loss because when I started my tren cycle I also started doing high volume training and prepping every single meal I eat. the combo of all 3 has been great though that's for sure

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Are you sure that's not you just embarrassed about being in the planet fitness changing room ?

Lol i wish
he goes there for his wife, all the other gyms she stopped because of all the eye****ings and creepers that stare at her, so they hit planet fatness every morning. He likes it but said he has to get into a different gym for heavier weights. 75lb dumbells arent doing anybody any good and no squat rack.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't know pob pl and bb are two different worlds.For me if you take your shirt off and girls don't go nuts your not in shape lol

From 220 to 245 i get the meat gazing from women.

From 255 and up I get their boyfriends checking me out wondering how much I can bench

So I see your point.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Make it another high 5 Zig! I know you have been diligent in leaning up, it looks like you are getting it done!

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Most steroids have a mild lipolytic effect. One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that all steroids improve your p-ratio or nutrient partitioning ratio. Everyone has a pretty fixed p-ratio meaning for all the calories you eat, X amount will go to muscle and Y amount goes to fat. You can slightly improve your p-ratio through a number of techniques but these changes are relatively minor. Steroids help push more calories into the muscle vs fat on a bulk and on a cut, they will help to keep energy stored in the muscles and promote energy from fat to be released for energy.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
Zig I think the clif notes answer to your op is that yes, we know that steroids do have a positive effect on body composition. It's just that when someone pops in ignorantly asking if they can take var and get shredded,
its better for everyone to simply tell them no.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Zig I think the clif notes answer to your op is that yes, we know that steroids do have a positive effect on body composition. It's just that when someone pops in ignorantly asking if they can take var and get shredded,
its better for everyone to simply tell them no.

BOOM!

/Thread

Reaction score
Ziegler there is a reason I respond that way.

People seeking drugs for fat loss are largely unsuccessful. Steroids also complicate things further. Learning basic nutrition has to come first. Ask me how I know.

My response to the question will not change.

Steroids can help gain muscle. I don't think they can help burn fat. Only if you do more exercise after taking them, it can help burn fat but I think it will complicate things further as you mentioned.

New Threads