The Great Can Steroids Help Me Lose Weight Debate

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Seen a lot of guys come in here asking if they ought to use steroids because they are trying to burn fat.

And a lot people start preaching "steroids don't burn fat" this and that.

Well ya technically they don't but can they help you get rid of it ?

For instance if everything was done exactly the same exercise and diet wise for 8 weeks.

Both starting at the same body fat identical.

Grant you the subject isn't obese or super fat say over 20%

Can we really say for a fact steroids don't help ?

Especially if they are really training hard like around an hour of cardio a day.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Anyone who's run tren can tell these people they are full of shit. Add mast and var to the list too.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Fat guys should diet down before using steroids .. they work better that way

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Starting to think that the general response going out to general question

"should I use steroids" is "you don't need steroids" or "you need to be perfect first"

Sure age wise you ought to be over IMO 21 but sheezus

Whats with the whole you gotta practically be the perfect specimen before running some product mentality going on

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
If u sit on your ass everyday and take any steroid it will not burn fat. I don't care how much tren or test u take. Will it aid in helping burning fat if u diet and exercise? Sure.

widehips71

Elite
Reaction score
DYS hit the nail on the head with tren. But var is ghey

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've said this before. I'll say it here again. Steriods do have a positive effect upon fat distribution and storage. There are reasons for this. BUT! Does it burn existing fat?

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Starting to think that the general response going out to general question

"should I use steroids" is "you don't need steroids" or "you need to be perfect first"

Sure age wise you ought to be over IMO 21 but sheezus

Whats with the whole you gotta practically be the perfect specimen before running some product mentality going on

Propaganda pushed by the boards.

Anybody should be experienced in training and nutrition and put a few years in the gym natty before hopping on. Snake is the only guy I know who was perfect before crossing over. Most guys who were really lean were 165 and lean - that's just ****ing skinny, or big guys with power guts. That's just been my experience.

Also, why does everyone think people want to get shredded on juice and say to lose weight first? It's goal dependent.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
If u sit on your ass everyday and take any steroid it will not burn fat. I don't care how much tren or test u take. Will it aid in helping burning fat if u diet and exercise? Sure.

Thats exactly what I'm talking about rather than the typical "steroids don't burn fat" in an attempt to either discredit the steroids or encourage someone not to use the steroids so they can be holier than thou

Is what I'm trying to figure out

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ziegler there is a reason I respond that way.

People seeking drugs for fat loss are largely unsuccessful. Steroids also complicate things further. Learning basic nutrition has to come first. Ask me how I know.

My response to the question will not change.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score

People seeking drugs for fat loss are largely unsuccessful. Steroids also complicate things further. Learning basic nutrition has to come first. Ask me how I know.

what about the guys saying they've been working out for X amount of time and they're stats are right around not too bad ?

Like me I said ya if you're fat all around and over say 20% then ya

But there are guys like around where I was hovering around 6.0 225 looking to get rid of that belly stuff

I tried for a fukin year unsucessfully to get what I achieved in 6 weeks on 400mgs test recently so I'm hollering

Steroids don't help burn fat or whatever you want to call it

Bollocks !

IHI

Elite
Reaction score

A very accurate response based on experience with human psyche and I support that response 100%!!

Close buddy just ran a cycle of trt/low dose tren a to bust his tren cherry. He was already a very active/pretty lean guy thats been lifting religiously for years, but i watched him lean up further by the week- nothing he did changed at all, other than adding tren

stW1Ff3.jpg

g7ptQGu.jpg

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
what about the guys saying they've been working out for X amount of time and they're stats are right around not too bad ?

Like me I said ya if you're fat all around and over say 20% then ya

But there are guys like around where I was hovering around 6.0 225 looking to get rid of that belly stuff

I tried for a fukin year unsucessfully to get what I achieved in 6 weeks on 400mgs test recently so I'm hollering

Steroids don't help burn fat or whatever you want to call it

Bollocks !

For those guys that really could go on reasonably at that time I still don't talk to them about taking it for fat loss.

I will engage in conversation with them about how using anabolics does grant you reprieve from some dietary sin. But this is long term. And it comes from the added muscle mass which increases your maintenance calories.

Here is a question for you. Do a search using google.com/scholar. Use terms like testosterone, lipolysis and get a better understanding of how or why having increased or at least appropriate levels of testosterone and it's derivitaves causes or contributes to fat loss.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Sometimes the answer shouldn't always be "steroids don't burn fat" as a knee jerk reaction to the question.

Right ?

Unless followed up with logic

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Close buddy just ran a cycle of trt/low dose tren a to bust his tren cherry. He was already a very active/pretty lean

Are you sure that's not you just embarrassed about being in the planet fitness changing room ?

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Imo steroids are for building strength and muscle..Why not get into good shape before using them ? For the life of me I can't figure out why anyone would wanna keep the fat on? That's not the kinda weight anyone should want..the only reason I could think of anyone arguing me is just a lazy fuk who will never be a inshape person.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Call it what you will but when I am on cycle I lose bodyfat. In fairness, I do find myself more motivated and train harder. Is it because I trained harder or is because steroids did it? Personally, I think that they both work hand in hand to achieve the goal.
Will you lose bodyfat is you take steroids and not workout? Nope. Do they add to the effectiveness of your training regiment and goals? Whether mentally or physically or a combination of both, Absolutely.

New Threads