Capsule filter question

Reaction score
I was wondering if there's anybody on here that has ever used a capsule filter. My question is after you're done running for instance 500ml through it when the pump stops you still have 30 to 40 ml left inside the capsule. Does anybody have a good way of getting that out so that the capsule can end up empty. I thought about not adding as much BB to my compounds and just running the Beebe through it last that would still leave something in the filter. Phone number for a way to meet tilter completely empty so I can reuse it the next day?

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You have 450mls of finish you're wondering how to get the last 50?

Relax.

Reaction score
You have 450mls of finish you're wondering how to get the last 50?

Relax.
Yeah if I had 500ml, when I was done there would still be about 20 to 40ml left in the capsule because the pump wouldn't have any oil to take from the beaker to force the remainder of the oil out. I hope that makes sense..

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hmmm I am not familiar with this. Sorry I can't be of more help

Bump for an answer

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Seems like a question that could be answered by some members here.....

Reaction score
Seems like a question that could be answered by some members here.....
That's what I'm hoping for a brother. That mean what I'm thinking is if it holds 30 to 40 ml inside of the filter after you're done using it, and it has a lower lock tip on the top, then maybe I should try to screw on a 60 ml syringe and see if the air from the syringe will push it out. I just wanted to see if anybody else had any better ideas.

Reaction score
What filter are you using? 40cc seems like a lot to have trapped inside the filter are you sure you have the correct powder densities?

Reaction score
What filter are you using? 40cc seems like a lot to have trapped inside the filter are you sure you have the correct powder densities?
I don't think the powder densities have anything to do with the oil that's left in the filter. I'm using a whatman polycap 36mm capsule filter, 0.45um, Nylon. I'm open to any suggestions you might have brother

Redrum1327

Elite
Reaction score
can't you hook a luer lock 30-40 ml sryinge to it and push the access oil out or if you have a hand pump just keep pushing the oil through ? It's an air tight system you should be able to push the rest of the oil out.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was wondering if there's anybody on here that has ever used a capsule filter. My question is after you're done running for instance 500ml through it when the pump stops you still have 30 to 40 ml left inside the capsule. Does anybody have a good way of getting that out so that the capsule can end up empty. I thought about not adding as much BB to my compounds and just running the Beebe through it last that would still leave something in the filter. Phone number for a way to meet tilter completely empty so I can reuse it the next day?
so it is the normal case? Have you asked the seller about this?

New Threads