College Baseball Player Looking for Guidance

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm evidently new here. I play baseball at a college here in Texas and am trying to soak up as much knowledge on this stuff as I can.

See if you can help me out...

I'm 6'0 and 140lbs. Yes 140lbs. I NEED to gain weight. I know the way to do this is through diet and working out. I eat roughly 5 meals a day and drink protein shake gainers morning and night. I also have baseball workouts every morning and will usually go to the gym at night. Now i am gaining weight at a slow, steady pace... Around 4 pounds a month.. but I need and want something to MULTIPLY the work I'm putting in. I am currently at a JUCO where they do not drug test, and i intend to take advantage of that. However, I'm not gonna touch any drugs til i am completely informed and aware of what Im taking. Thats where i was hoping you guys could help me out.. Any advice would be appreciated.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Take the clear lol .. welcome to ugb

CardinalJacked

Squat King
Reaction score
You say you eat 5 meals a day. Do you count your macros, bro?

You're in college, so am I. I'm assuming you're about 20/21 years old? You're too young and it could cause other problems in life. Wait to see if you make the pros, THEN juice, cause then you have a purpose of it.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
The only advice that is going to help you is to eat more. Steroids are not going to help you. Once you figure out how to eat and gain 50 lbs or so, maybe you can reconsider.

Steroids don't make you grow, food does.

Reaction score
5 meals and shakes sounds like a lot, and it would be for most people, but if you're training on the field and hitting the gym you need more. Drink more milk and add butter and olive oil to foods where you can. Sounds like you don't even have a muscular base.
Good on you for acknowledging that you need more time and research. You came to the right place.

Welcome to the board.