Mental health and gear

Reaction score
Hey guys I posted recently about deciding whether or not to take a cycle, and I think we've probably all heard about the stereotypical effects of gear on the mind and emotions, like rage, and aggression on cycle and depression post cycle, but can anyone give me more details from experience as to what happens to your thought patterns and emotions and if you feel that mental illnesses can be drastically worsened and how long it would last after the cycle is over. I know this is really person to person based but any insight is appreciated, Thanks

Megatron28

Elite
Reaction score
Aggression and rage on cycle are myths portrayed by the media. 99.9% of the guys here will tell you that they are happier and nicer than ever when on cycle (if estrogen levels are controlled). My wife loves it when I am on cycle. Any of the stuff that normally bothers me just rolls off my back. I don't care of the house is messy or if something didn't get done. None of that matters. I am just always happy on cycle.

Libido does increase. Make sure your significant other knows this. You will be seeking him or her out for more frequent sex when cycling.

There can be emotional issues during PCT -- especially if not done right. It is good to have a close friend keep an eye on you during PCT.

If you are mentally ill, you should probably address that prior to playing with your hormones. Although I will say that anecdotally we see that some mental illnesses like anxiety can be caused/worsened by things like Hypogonadism.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
One thing you need to be aware of and ready to realize & deal with mentally

If you gain a lot of size in a short amount of time like on a Deca or dbol cycle for instance

There is a good chance you may not keep that size and lose it as fast as it came when you come off those mass gainers

Especially if your a skinny little under developed beginner

So if you're running around showing off those quick gaines to all you're peeps then several weeks later they see you all shrinky dinked

That may cause some mental issues so just keep that in mind before hand realize that it could happen and if you are someone that can deal with that kind of an issue.

This can cause some guys to get all bummed out start pussing out and acting all boo hoo ish

Especially

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Mega and Ziggy nailed this, IMO. Both physical and mental effects outside of the obvious that ye need to be aware of.

Gear though won't turn ye into an untethered raging wildebeast IME. 'Roid Rage' is, as stated, just another form of clickbait for the media (again, IME).

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I going to over simplify this....Gear has never made me a dick, bully, or even unreasonable. I'm on it for life...cruising with trt I guess. With that said I suppose we all react differently to different regiments. I do feel mast. gives me a more positive boost...but it could be psychosomatic...

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I posted recently about deciding whether or not to take a cycle, and I think we've probably all heard about the stereotypical effects of gear on the mind and emotions, like rage, and aggression on cycle and depression post cycle, but can anyone give me more details from experience as to what happens to your thought patterns and emotions and if you feel that mental illnesses can be drastically worsened and how long it would last after the cycle is over. I know this is really person to person based but any insight is appreciated, Thanks

Keeping in mind we are all anonymous here I will just ask it.

Do you have a diagnosis of some sort of illness like bipolar disorder or depression?

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I have never noticed anything different as far as anger issues or "roid rage". I have felt happier and more confident when on cycle tho.

Personally, I look at my physique as a project, a project that I have been working on for over 20 years. The closer that I get to my goals, the happier I am. When I run a cycle, I see myself getting that much closer to where I want to be. I imagine it to be like a painter who paints a portrait and begans to create his/her masterpiece. The closer you get to it, the more satisfying it is.

Reaction score
Keeping in mind we are all anonymous here I will just ask it.

Do you have a diagnosis of some sort of illness like bipolar disorder or depression?
Nah man just curious, I value my mind and mental health the same if not more than my body

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great replies guys, I always had a feeling most of it was propaganda, but still had to make sure all the horror stories were just that, and way more uncommon than they let on

Reaction score
I've never had a problem but I keep everything moderate and balanced with blood work. A relative of mine acts like a psycho bitch because he takes way too much test with no ai. He doesn't even work out or eat enough. He literally eats twice a day, maybe 1500 calories total. 600-800mg of test a week is all he does. He's out on bond now for assaulting his brother with a 2x4.

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
If you experience a microaggression place it next to your micropp and hunker down in your micro-safe space.

I thought we only allow macroaggressions here...maybe occasionally uberaggressions.

New Threads