Mr. Olympia 2017

Reaction score
Mr. Olympia 2017 pre-judging is tonight at 10 p.m. Eastern Time if u want to watch a bunch of meat heads flexing. It's being live streamed on the web sponsored by Amazon.

I'll post predictions for the IFBB super heavy's and 212's after pre-judging tonight. SO FAR it's looking like Phil and Big Rami battling for number one, but winklaar, bonac, Rhoden are also right up there. Flex lewis who is my favorite BB is going to walk away with the trophy easily.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Gibs and I were talking about this last night. Thanks for sharing!

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
The Olympia is so political these days, I don't even follow it anymore. Phil will win until he gets one more trophy than Jay, then he will lose.

Reaction score
Phil will win, I agree.
I think Big Ramy will get second and Dexter Jackson third If they both get up there shredded. Dexter, again, politics.
Best I can tell, there were a number of Olympia's where people won more because of sponsorships or who they were than because they were the best on stage. I have no evidence for that, but I choose to believe it's a possibility based on photos I've seen and hearsay.
I've admired the work and discipline of the Olympians since I was a kid and believed they got that big on Designer Whey and creatine monohydrate.
:)
It's still motivational to me, but it is disappointing that politics play no small part in the outcome.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Phil will win cus he's a god damn freak of nature.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
so after watching that I'm gonna say winklaar looks massive as always but not impressive enough. it's Rami vs Heath and it's really close.

Reaction score
Phil is a freak of nature, ecks, for sure. Huge and insanely shredded and detailed tonight. Ramy will have to be more detailed tomorrow to have a chance.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Phil is a freak of nature, ecks, for sure. Huge and insanely shredded and detailed tonight. Ramy will have to be more detailed tomorrow to have a chance.

he needs a better tan/oil as well

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I saw Ramy looking better tonight. Big bump When he was placed in the center during the final 3 call out. That shook Phil up and it should have. Ramy took it tonight.

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
I cant help but think that even if ramy is better than phil, they still wont give him the win because phil is a much better ambassador for the sport. The ifbb is all about the marketing and money

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I cant help but think that even if ramy is better than phil, they still wont give him the win because phil is a much better ambassador for the sport. The ifbb is all about the marketing and money

Is Phil a good ambassador? I think he mostly acts like a douche bag. Ronnie Coleman and Jay Cultler were better ambassadors and I see no reason why Ramy couldn't represent the sport in a similar manner.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I've seen pictures from judging that looked like Ramy was crushing Heath and I've also seen pictures where Ramys conditioning wasn't up to Heaths level, so photos that are out already are or not to be believed IMO. My guess is that if it's close it's going to Phil. Silly cold be a force to be reckoned with if he ever gets his sh*t together on his conditioning. I suspect discipline is his issue, and I base that on that time he had his bike accident and had to miss a show. If it's me and I'm paying for my groceries with my body, I'm not scootin around on a crotch rocket.

Reaction score
Phil NEEDS to come in dry af tonight....he was holding water and he couldn't control his midsection...if he takes some diuretics correctly and sheds enough water he will stand his ground he does look more 3D than Rami but damn rami looks good ...bonac looks 3D af too he will place 3rd

Reaction score
Is Phil a good ambassador? I think he mostly acts like a douche bag. Ronnie Coleman and Jay Cultler were better ambassadors and I see no reason why Ramy couldn't represent the sport in a similar manner.

Agreed Phil is not humble by any means and I do like rami...although selling rami might be slightly more difficult for he IFBB due to him being Muslim and he can't really speak English well...but I do like him seems like a good dude....my overall favorite it flex Lewis dudes humble as hell and looks incredible ..a true champion

Reaction score
My favorite last night: Flex Wheeler. The dude is a machine. 52 years old and killing it. I hope he stops before he needs another transplant, but I have respect for the guy.

New Threads