Your Time Management

Reaction score
Disclaimer: I just joined UG yesterday, but want to get familiar with the experiences of community members.
I'm in my third year of my pre-med undergrad and I'm slowing school down a bit (taking less hours) so that I can keep up with everything. How was time management for anyone else balancing training, school, and work +/- anything else demanding your time? What was the hardest point of your training?

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SI..post up and make friends ... good things will come your way!!

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Time management was never a problem. Busy, yeah. But if you want to do something badly enough you will make time for it. Looking back to college and early career times, I hit the gym most consistently at those times that I was the busiest with everything else.

Caballero

Reaction score
Up at 4am then no problems with time management for me.

Reaction score
Full-time job; adjunct/part-time college professor; 5 kids, from infants to almost teens, and their boy scouts, violin lessons, gymnastics, etc; and life. I train 6 days a week. I took a few years off of lifting while working and finishing my bachelor's and master's, but then got back in harder than ever.
You don't have to train 6 days a week, but if you want to train you'll find a way to get in the gym.

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Looking back, College and even children were the easiest though it didn't seem that way.

Hardest time was when career/biz was taking off and the idea of being the JR Ewing of my trade was appealing and extremely stressful. I soon found the gym and my outdoor weight pile were the only place where everything made since. Very therapeutic so make that time like Bricks said if it's important enough you're going to be there.

Enjoy it.

JuiceTrain

Elite
Reaction score
I'll drop back training days to a min of 2x a week if anything I can't really focus on anything if my priorities aren't straightened....as long as i get in my compound lifts I'm good

Muffy

Lady Member
Reaction score
For me this is a lifestyle just like working...cleaning..cooking...kids...etc. Therefore I schedule my day accordingly...I sacrificed a lot of my social life....so it all comes down to priorities...some people party on the weekends..others train...some people spend $$ on shoes...cars..some spend money on supplements...workout gear...etc.

Reaction score
Everyone has brought forward some awesome responses. The experiences you're all bringing forward are really valuable for me to feel like I'm in this community. As everyone has touched on, life happens. Good advice and perspectives! I gotta say, training is one of those things that can really get the mind off of something that didn't go right. I'll enjoy it as much as I can!

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Everyone has brought forward some awesome responses. The experiences you're all bringing forward are really valuable for me to feel like I'm in this community. As everyone has touched on, life happens. Good advice and perspectives! I gotta say, training is one of those things that can really get the mind off of something that didn't go right. I'll enjoy it as much as I can!

Dude

I hate to end a thread on a sour note...so always remember that weightlifting and real competition groomed an expectation of success, for all here. It can be so much more than a pick me up from the slugs life can bring embrace that $hit and let it be a lifestyle like so many brothers and sisters have made it. In short, apply it to your life and excel.

good questions and thread Amigo

New Threads