Thanks

PSMF, protein only diet

I'm thinking of running a PSMF for 2-3 weeks. I really just wanna see how I'd do but I can't see myself doing that sort of diet as a main way of getting cut. I figure if I drop 4-5 lbs each week that I'm on it then it'll be successful, so long as I don't start eating maintenance right after. Has anyone had any success with a PSMF? I imagine the first week will be hard, although I can't see it being easy at any point either

"There is no litter in my litter box" Phil L
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,620 Times in 776 Posts
    You will be extremely tired without carbs. Technically your brain needs a certain amount of carbs to function properly....Dont remember how many grams are needed....

Thanks
    Thanked 4,411 Times in 2,200 Posts
    That's a lot of dick sucking.
    You can't inject wisdom

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ToolSteel For This Useful Post:

BigSwolePump (09-19-2017),CardinalJacked (09-19-2017),Redrum1327 (12-07-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingdragon View Post
    You will be extremely tired without carbs. Technically your brain needs a certain amount of carbs to function properly....Dont remember how many grams are needed....
    Well a certain amount is unavoidable so I figured I'd get 30g carbs max, same for fats. I feel the lower fats will get me the worst

"There is no litter in my litter box" Phil L
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,620 Times in 776 Posts
    30g of carbs should be ok for your brain

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Flyingdragon For This Useful Post:

Itburnstopee (09-19-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,508 Times in 5,574 Posts
    Burns this is a bad idea. Like really bad. Listen if you are having a hard time losing some fat hit me up and I will walk you thru some things to make this easier. Not easy just easier. If I can do it anyone can.
    Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PillarofBalance For This Useful Post:

BRICKS (09-19-2017),Flyingdragon (09-19-2017),jennerrator50 (09-19-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,587 Times in 1,587 Posts
    Seriously hit POB up, he knows his shit....uh.....look at my avi

and honestly, losing fat isn't that fuuuking hard...just got to be dedicated and want it bad enough
    DO FUUCKING WORK! STRENGTH FIRST BOSTON!

"Sticks and stones, they may break these bones...But then I'll be ready, are you ready?
    It's the start of us, waking up come on...Are you ready? I'll be ready
    I don't want control, I want to let go....Are you ready? I'll be ready
    'Cause now it's time to let them know....We are ready, what about us?"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,247 Times in 541 Posts
    If you look into Dan Duchaine & Lyle McDonald's work, you'll get a better idea of how to execute a PSMF properly.

I've done my own modified versions plenty of times to get ready for the summer, a holiday, weekend break, etc because I had no intention of dieting for months on end and had the "mindset" to deal with it just fine. The 1st week is actually pretty easy, its after that when you'll realize why it's meant to be a short term thing - I've had bloodwork taken after experimenting with it for longer periods (6 straight weeks IIRC) and the results across the board were not pretty.
    If your willing to accept that its a short term deal, and follow the guidelines of the guys I mentioned above, I don't see any issue with you experimenting to see if it works for you. That is what dieting success comes down to after all - finding what works for you.

The key to success is to develop some solid habits that you can take over into the fat loss maintenance phase and a sensible PSMF does help with that by encouraging a solid protein & veggie base, which you can slowly add to as you move into a more sustainable diet plan. I then introduce some fruit here & there followed by some more fats on dieting days, carbs on refeed/maintenance days, etc and before you know it - your diet at the end of a cut isn't too dissimilar to what you would normally eat when maintaining. At least that is how you should be thinking about it rather than just a short term quick boost - which will be followed by rapid weight regain at the end of it all IME.

So yes, your mindset will determine whether you can make it work or not
    The toughest achievements involve long, isolated, battles with your self.

AWOL - PMs related to fat loss only please.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrRippedZilla For This Useful Post:

BRICKS (09-19-2017),jennerrator50 (09-19-2017),Seeker (09-19-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,587 Times in 1,587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRippedZilla View Post
    If you look into Dan Duchaine & Lyle McDonald's work, you'll get a better idea of how to execute a PSMF properly.

I've done my own modified versions plenty of times to get ready for the summer, a holiday, weekend break, etc because I had no intention of dieting for months on end and had the "mindset" to deal with it just fine. The 1st week is actually pretty easy, its after that when you'll realize why it's meant to be a short term thing - I've had bloodwork taken after experimenting with it for longer periods (6 straight weeks IIRC) and the results across the board were not pretty.
    If your willing to accept that its a short term deal, and follow the guidelines of the guys I mentioned above, I don't see any issue with you experimenting to see if it works for you. That is what dieting success comes down to after all - finding what works for you.

The key to success is to develop some solid habits that you can take over into the fat loss maintenance phase and a sensible PSMF does help with that by encouraging a solid protein & veggie base, which you can slowly add to as you move into a more sustainable diet plan. I then introduce some fruit here & there followed by some more fats on dieting days, carbs on refeed/maintenance days, etc and before you know it - your diet at the end of a cut isn't too dissimilar to what you would normally eat when maintaining. At least that is how you should be thinking about it rather than just a short term quick boost - which will be followed by rapid weight regain at the end of it all IME.

So yes, your mindset will determine whether you can make it work or not
    yep and that's the biggest part....you looking for a quick fix or a permanent one.....
    DO FUUCKING WORK! STRENGTH FIRST BOSTON!

"Sticks and stones, they may break these bones...But then I'll be ready, are you ready?
    It's the start of us, waking up come on...Are you ready? I'll be ready
    I don't want control, I want to let go....Are you ready? I'll be ready
    'Cause now it's time to let them know....We are ready, what about us?"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jennerrator50 For This Useful Post:

MrRippedZilla (09-19-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pharmascience12 View Post
    Mens need many calorie requirements that many men have proves to be incredibly tryin
    Am I the only one who has a Fifty Cent song stuck in my head now?

Many men wish death upon pharmascience12