First cycle in 3 years

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
First cycle in a while. I ran multiples between 2013 and 2014. Between test, deca, tren, and tbol. Just had bloods done before this and according to the Dr bloods were within range.

29 6'2 230 15%bf

Cycle
Test P 100mg EOD at least 12 weeks
Epistane 20mg weeks 1-2, maybe increase between weeks 3-4
Arimidex EOD

My question is, what are your opinions on epistane? Worth it? I've never taken a prohormone, but chose it over dbol this go around. Thanks

Last edited:

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well my understanding is epistane is much different than dbol when trying to compare the two. I would think epistane would be more comparable to Winstrol. Never done ph's myself. But having low bf would be better served using it

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
My bad, I wasn't comparing the two. Just the two options I had at the time. Just chose epi instead just going off research I've done.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well if you're truly at 15% it might not be as effective. If you could lose a couple more % before you start you might get better use of it

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Look forward to your progress. About to run my first cycle in 5 years myself. Do you have any before pics?

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Well if you're truly at 15% it might not be as effective. If you could lose a couple more % before you start you might get better use of it

Word. Thanks for the advice

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Look forward to your progress. About to run my first cycle in 5 years myself. Do you have any before pics?

Cool. Are you running test only? I may do a before and after in 12 weeks. Running the pft-7 routine with cardio 3-4x a week. So we'll how it turns out

Reaction score
I did use epistane a year ago twice. I tried it on its own, but I had somewhat different expectations.
I had read that given a high caloric input some growth would be possible. But that was an understatement. I had to eat loads and loads of food to grow on this. Granted, it's primarily to become leaner, from what I have read - and experienced.
The second time I started off with epistane for 2 weeks and then added Methylstenbolone to it for 4 weeks. That did the trick for me. M-sten works wonders for me, I gained net 8kg during those short 6 weeks after PCT.
But at the end of that cycle I had shin pumps and back pumps, really annoying. Deadlifts were impossible for me.
I did love the overall feel of it, my body/muscles felt very hard, dry. But definitely needed some joint supplement. At the end of those 6 weeks I did feel that I would not want to take both any longer. But its mostly the fault of Msten, not epistane.

So, to sum it up: for getting dryer gains and getting a bit harder, I think epi is a good choice.

Personally, I won't do any more oral stuff for now, because I don't like having all that pass and (potentially) damage my liver.

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cool. Are you running test only? I may do a before and after in 12 weeks. Running the pft-7 routine with cardio 3-4x a week. So we'll how it turns out

No I will likely use dbol as a kick start and may add other compounds if I decide to compete towards the end of this cycle.

I've used epistane before with great results, btw. Retained no water and strength increased substantially. I ran it by itself (this was before I entered the world of injectables)...

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Brotein-thanks for the insight. What doses did you run the epi at?

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
No I will likely use dbol as a kick start and may add other compounds if I decide to compete towards the end of this cycle.

I've used epistane before with great results, btw. Retained no water and strength increased substantially. I ran it by itself (this was before I entered the world of injectables)...

Oh cool. Yeah the little to no water retention was a selling point for me personally. What doses did you run?

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Oh cool. Yeah the little to no water retention was a selling point for me personally. What doses did you run?

Man I'd have to dig up my old log it has been so long. EpiStrong was the brand name. I'll see if I can find it.

Reaction score
I started epi with 30mg and increased to 50mg. I had read that going beyond 50mg may cause rebound-problems as epi suppresses estrogen and going off after such a high dose may cause a rebound. I did not want to risk gyno or any other side effects.

I had the impression I had to go high on dosages of both epi and later on Msten as well, because at lower dosages I didn't notice anything. From other experiences I read about, you need to adjust the dosage of both epi and Msten (when run on their own or also combined) when you're above 200lbs. I was 215lbs back then. Upping to 50mg of epi and running Msten at a high 30mg dose did the trick for me.

And just like Hurt said, water retention and fat went down, thanks to epi. But for making gains I needed to add in Msten.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
I started epi with 30mg and increased to 50mg. I had read that going beyond 50mg may cause rebound-problems as epi suppresses estrogen and going off after such a high dose may cause a rebound. I did not want to risk gyno or any other side effects.

I had the impression I had to go high on dosages of both epi and later on Msten as well, because at lower dosages I didn't notice anything. From other experiences I read about, you need to adjust the dosage of both epi and Msten (when run on their own or also combined) when you're above 200lbs. I was 215lbs back then. Upping to 50mg of epi and running Msten at a high 30mg dose did the trick for me.

And just like Hurt said, water retention and fat went down, thanks to epi. But for making gains I needed to add in Msten.

Cool man. I'm at 20mg at the moment. May bump it to 30mg in the next week after it's had time to kick in, along with the test. Thanks

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
The prop is kicking in nicely. Feeling like my old self again in the gym, and life in general. Epi has kicked in also. Muscles feel tighter. Strength is up a bit. Up to 30mg on epi and still doing 100mg prop eod

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I love prop last cycle was the first time I ever used it..

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Same. This is my first time using it, but I definitely love it.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Think I'm alergic to the prop on more than one occasion and more than one brand it has not worked out

Got pip and fever

New Threads