In need of serious guidance and help!!! Pics enclosed!

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

28 Years old Male here - 6.1" 188lbs (85 Kgs, 34" waist with muffin top)
Pics attached!

My brief history, I was obese till the age of 15 265lbs on 5.6" Height with a waist of 44 inches , then back in Mid 2004 due to family turbulence and circumstances I stopped eating pretty much and was hardly consuming around 500 - 800 calories a day max which went on for 5 months after which I slowly developed what I later learned was an eating disorder lasting till 2009 along with body image issues. During the time puberty was hitting in and I went as low as 130lbs on a frame of 5.11" with a frail physique and ribs sticking out yet would have slightly jiggly skin pouch hanging at the waist. In 2009 I started working without taking sufficient calories due to lack of knowledge, got a bit toned but felt exhausted while working full time jobs. Gradually learned the tools of the trade and started packing muscles but the I wouldn't get ripped or vascularity which is something I have been yearning for since day one, left my job in 2014 and devoted to intense working out in every morning for a full one year, someone suggested that I should use caffeine tablets which I got from Amazon and would take one pill on empty stomach prior working out with strict dieting boiled meet and eggs, with a cheat meal on Sundays along with intense workout sessions incorporating heaving compound movements like the dead-lift and squats along with aerobics sessions on non-lifting days, my stomach somewhat flattened and body fat went down considerably with 4 pack being visible, yet if I would pinch the skin on my triceps or armpits or chest I would get some of skin folded in it

Fast forward 2017 currently, I am still working out almost everyday with not much aerobic/cardio but good weight lifting. My split is ppl push, pull and legs with 2.5 to 3K calorie intake and a good active lifestyle, yet I have a high body fat and muffin top even though when I am wearing a tee or a shirt people comment on my shape but when I take the shirt off I see love handles and jiggly skin hanging out above my belt

Over the years I have tried different fat burners and supplements but nothing worth sticking to nor does the caffeine tabs I took previously, my tests are all clear Vitamin D, Thyroid levels etc are all fine in normal ranges including testosterone People have suggest me to try CLEN or Ephedrine etc for melting the fat, but I don't want to venture into the steroid path

All I want is an athletic physique with good definition. All and every help will be greatly appreciated, apologize for the long post!

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC_0005 (Copy).jpg
    DSC_0005 (Copy).jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC_0003 (Copy).jpg
    DSC_0003 (Copy).jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC_0002 (Copy).jpg
    DSC_0002 (Copy).jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC_0001 (Copy).jpg
    DSC_0001 (Copy).jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 5

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
1) Calculate yer TDEE

2) Calculate a mild caloric deficit - think 200 calories below yer TDEE

3) Determine a macro split (in the absence of better info, a 40-40-20 (Protein / Carbs / Fat) split is a decent place to start)

4) Log all yer food into MyFitnessPal

5) ???

6) Profit

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That 2500 to 3k cals is just a made up number it seems. There is a middle ground in weight loss. Doesn't have to be so extreme. Just go a bit under maintenance cals and be patient and most important consistent!

Caballero

Reaction score
Gotta be honest, alot of these "new guys" threads scream troll to me ...

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You need to diet and train more before using any supps.. 99% are shit anyway

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Why don't u do cardio?It would help you burn that gut off

Reaction score
Why don't u do cardio?It would help you burn that gut off

What sort of Cardio would you recommend, HIIT? Also if I am on a caloric deficit wouldn't I lose muscular strength and end up over training if I add cardio in it too?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Gotta be honest, alot of these "new guys" threads scream troll to me ...

Possibly. Some more obvious than others. I wouldn't jump to conclusions based on a first post though. Not worth running someone off that needs help because their question is remedial for us who have been around.

What sort of Cardio would you recommend, HIIT? Also if I am on a caloric deficit wouldn't I lose muscular strength and end up over training if I add cardio in it too?

If you are afraid of over training to the point that you are afraid of a little cardio I would bet you are undertraining and it's why you are still fat.

Bust your ass is the solution. Then go lighter every so often.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You gotta bust your ass like pob said .. hit almost tore my hammy.. go run around a track ,go walk around , get a bike and ride around everyday .. I'm pretty sure your not gonna over train

Caballero

Reaction score
Possibly. Some more obvious than others. I wouldn't jump to conclusions based on a first post though. Not worth running someone off that needs help because their question is remedial for us who have been around.

If you are afraid of over training to the point that you are afraid of a little cardio I would bet you are undertraining and it's why you are still fat.

Bust your ass is the solution. Then go lighter every so often.
My days of running guys off boards are OVER lol

edit- Good luck OP hope ya achieve your goals man.

Last edited:

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
It seems like you have a few things going on here. We'll start with the first one that you can do little about. You have some extra skin left over from your heavier days. Short of surgery, there's nothing you can do about this. Yeah it sucks but that's just the price you pay.

The next thing you can do something about is that layer of fat you have. You're not too bad at this point and I bet if you cut 10 lbs of fat off while adding a few lbs of muscle, you'd look like a different man. There are some good suggestions above for how to do this so I'm not going to repeat it. Just remember, this could take 6 months to do right.

As for those "Supplements" you're taking; there's nothing wrong with caffeine as a pick-me-up before a work out but it's not for weight loss. All that garbage you see proclaiming to help you lose weight is just that; Garbage! The best thing you can put in your mouth for weight loss is an empty fork.

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Everyone is different but if I woke up tomorrow and looked like you I would be aiming to put on more muscle mass first and foremost. The more muscle you add will increase your basal metabolic rate as muscle tissue has a high metabolic demand. I know you say you're training hard/heavy but you have very little muscle mass - just speaking honestly here...I would personally play around with INCREASING calories on a good macro split as outlined above, with the aim of recovering from intense workouts and building muscle. You have the 'skinny fat' appearance which isn't the end of the world and you've certainly come a long way regarding fat loss, but I would personally aim to add some more lean mass to that frame and worry less about fat loss.

It's a marathon not a sprint. Best of luck man.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
All good feedback above. Listen to these guys, they know what they're talking about. Also, as stated already, it's pretty hard to over train at the level and age you're at.

New Threads