Left pec smaller than right. Same goes for lats.

Z21

Reaction score
Hey guys so like I previously stated in my intro I've been lifting for a year seriously and have made decent progress over that year. For the past few months I have noticed a few things such as my left pec and left lat being smaller than the other. Naturally I switched to dumbells immediately which makes about 3 weeks since then and still no change. I know it will take longer than 3 weeks lmao but I was wandering if any of you pros had anymore advice on how I could speed up the process or if I'm even doing what I am supposed to be doing. This shit is starting to get on my nerves. Thanks in advance!

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Always set the number of reps with the weaker/smaller side. E.g. if you're doing DB rows with your small side and can only get 8 - even if you can get 12 on the large side, DON'T. It will take a long time but always lead with the lagging side and set the number of reps with it and don't exceed that number with the larger side.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Also realize that both sides are not gonna be exactly the same size or shape. You're going to be able to see these differences more than anybody else will notice. The progress you make will minimize some if this, some of it is going to be your perception more than anything.

Incidentally, one of my balls is smaller than the other one. Or one is larger, depending on how you look at things.

JuiceTrain

Elite
Reaction score
Start doing some DB work and using those ISO machines if you got em at the gym.
My right side was bigger than i started training with this BB and he helped me work on my symmetry.

Reactions: Z21

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If makes you feel any better....My left tit is smaller than my right

Yep we are going to need some pics to prove that dear.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Bricks nailed it !

Also Muffy join the club

One night at a party a friend of mine called me on my one boob bigger than the other everyone laughed including me

Later that night one of the hottest chicks that who was also laughing at my boobs earlier gave me an award worthy blow job

In other words don't worry too much about it dude .....

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Hey guys so like I previously stated in my intro I've been lifting for a year seriously and have made decent progress over that year.

Like totally for sure ?

I see what you did there but had to say it anyway

Reaction score
What do you do during most days. Some people say a construction worker or manual laborer can actually build up muscles bigger on certain sides. Lets say you mason and you always pick up the bricks with you right arm and lay the muck down with the left. Your right shoulder will probably get bigger then you left.

Reaction score
i had that problem in my lats and rear delts. As they mentioned adding more reps to the weaker side can help. What I did to help them balance out was super-setting bilateral movement right into unilateral movement just for the lagging side. I kinda have this problem with my calves atm but the difference wasn't as noticeable as the other areas

Z21

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem brother. Keep lifting with good form and I promise you it’ll even out over time. Mine was bad pec and lay especially then I lowered the weight and worked on mind muscle connection. Took me 3 years and just now evened out. Don’t get discouraged it takes time.

Z21

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem brother. Keep lifting with good form and I promise you it’ll even out over time. Mine was bad pec and lay especially then I lowered the weight and worked on mind muscle connection. Took me 3 years and just now evened out. Don’t get discouraged it takes time.

Holy shit guys I replied to my own thread lmao doing good now sorry I’m out in the field haven’t slept for a few days

DNW

Elite
Reaction score
Holy shit guys I replied to my own thread lmao doing good now sorry I’m out in the field haven’t slept for a few days

Just. Wow. Get some sleep dood:32 (20):