weight loss help

xena

Lady Member
Reaction score
hi so im new here so go easy on me, im a 30 year old woman who has 3 kids, currently 174lbs, 5ft 3" iv just started at the gym and doing the gym classes and 1 hour with a pt a week, i am sorting my diet out and have cut all sugary drinks out and only drink flavored water, i am wanting to lose 45lb, now heres where my problem is, i suffer with rheumatoid arthritis and fibro so i struggle to work hard in the gym and i suffer when i get home, i have a holiday booked for june next year and i dont want to be the fat beach whale on the beach, i have already dropped 18lb in the last 6 weeks through stress of a relationship break up and need to get my confidence back up, i am also booking in soon to have a boob job and would like to have lost a lot of the weight before then.
i have used ephedrine in the past with ok results and i have now ordered some clen. if i stick to 5 days of gym a week and eat relatively clean, 1000 calories a day, how much weight could i realistically expect to lose in the next couple of months using clen?

xena

Lady Member
Reaction score
just to add i also have an under active thyroid so shifting weight is also a bit harder

xena

Lady Member
Reaction score
could you explain more? why isnt it enough, i amused that a calorie deficit was needed to lose weight

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
just to add i also have an under active thyroid so shifting weight is also a bit harder

get to the doctor and get this under control. It's an easy fix with daily medication.

could you explain more? why isnt it enough, i amused that a calorie deficit was needed to lose weight

Not sure if you're trying to be funny, but a caloric deficit is the single most important thing when losing weight.

xena

Lady Member
Reaction score
i am under my doctor for my thyroid, i take 75mg levothyroxine (t4) a day
i wasnt trying to be funny at all, i just wondered what he ment by wasnt enough? im not eating enough or im eating too much and could you explain in more detail as i am new to this

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
i am under my doctor for my thyroid, i take 75mg levothyroxine (t4) a day
i wasnt trying to be funny at all, i just wondered what he ment by wasnt enough? im not eating enough or im eating too much and could you explain in more detail as i am new to this

Seeing as you're on medication, your thyroid should be optimized. So don't use that as an excuse for failure!

That's probably too little food intake. Google TDEE. Figure that out and then run a 500-800 cal deficit. Download MyFitnessPal and track your calories everyday. This is probably the most helpful thing when trying to lose weight: actually knowing how much you're consuming.

Id skip the clen and just use ephedrine and caffeine. Remember, this is a marathon, not a race. It's great that you have a goal of next June, but take a longer view: would you rather be fit for one week or for the rest of your life? Work towards the end goal of living a healthy lifestyle, not being fit for one week of your life. There is no magic pill. Consistency in diet and exercise is the key.

itismethebee

Elite
Reaction score
TBH you should see rapid weight loss if you follow the right path, since you are well "Bigger". I would start with a 16 hour intermittent fast, dropping sugar consumption by at least 90% and keep the carbs you eat clean, eat carbs that a take a while to digest. Also try some weight training, it helps.

JuiceTrain

Elite
Reaction score
TBH you should see rapid weight loss if you follow the right path, since you are well "Bigger". I would start with a 16 hour intermittent fast, dropping sugar consumption by at least 90% and keep the carbs you eat clean, eat carbs that a take a while to digest. Also try some weight training, it helps.

Bro.....shut yo azz up

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Listen to what Job said and do that. Go online and calculate your TDEE. Then drop 500 calories from that and just stick to it. If after 2 weeks you don't see a drop, drop another 200 calories and repeat. The needle will move.

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Seeing as you're on medication, your thyroid should be optimized. So don't use that as an excuse for failure!

That's probably too little food intake. Google TDEE. Figure that out and then run a 500-800 cal deficit. Download MyFitnessPal and track your calories everyday. This is probably the most helpful thing when trying to lose weight: actually knowing how much you're consuming.

Id skip the clen and just use ephedrine and caffeine. Remember, this is a marathon, not a race. It's great that you have a goal of next June, but take a longer view: would you rather be fit for one week or for the rest of your life? Work towards the end goal of living a healthy lifestyle, not being fit for one week of your life. There is no magic pill. Consistency in diet and exercise is the key.

This. Your thyroid isn’t a problem since you’re taking T4.

I strongly second skipping clen and going with the EC stack and basing your deficit off of TDEE instead of blindly cutting calories.

Great advice here.

Reaction score
Hello,
For weight loss why don't you join gym walk with treadmill daily.It keeps your body maintain and burn more & more calories from your body.Treadmill is the exercise equipments which help in maintain the good health, fitness level and better cardiovascular system.Treadmill is basically helps in manage weight and strength; It is easy to use, burn calories easily. Motorized treadmill is the most extensive category in the fitness industry

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Hello,
For weight loss why don't you join gym walk with treadmill daily.It keeps your body maintain and burn more & more calories from your body.Treadmill is the exercise equipments which help in maintain the good health, fitness level and better cardiovascular system.Treadmill is basically helps in manage weight and strength; It is easy to use, burn calories easily. Motorized treadmill is the most extensive category in the fitness industry

where do you people come from? Treadmill is no better than any other form of cardio.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
where do you people come from? Treadmill is no better than any other form of cardio.
Not sure Jin, but here is my spin in Natasha voice....
Treadmill good, walk outside bad, big things in nature maim and kill....
Seriously where do they come from!

snake

Veteran
Reaction score

Listen to what Job said and do that. Go online and calculate your TDEE. Then drop 500 calories from that and just stick to it. If after 2 weeks you don't see a drop, drop another 200 calories and repeat. The needle will move.

Read these again.

You need some lifestyle changes. Talk to anyone who has been down this road and they will tell you it's just a different way of thinking. You didn't put all this weight on in a few months so it's not coming off in a few months.

I have to ask, did the idea of the weight loss and boob job come upon you AFTER the break up?

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This is the deal...

1. You don't need any damn supplements to lose weight properly and in a decent amount of time

2. What it takes is total dedication and no excuses

3. Like you have been told, figure out what your calorie intake is and go from there....get your butt in the gym and do your cardio...get up and repeat...the lbs will drop :)

Dungeon Dweller

Reaction score
For thyroid, have you talked to your doctor about getting more iodine? Be sure you are getting enough in your daily vitamin at least.

New Threads