Beachguy trying

Reaction score
Over Forty and just getting back into the gym after some nagging injuries. Life is hard but I just want to get back at it. Any motivation would be greatly appreciated. I'm 5'10" 180lbs looking to get tight again and gain some . Done it before feel I can do it again!

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to a Fellow Grey Beard!

Great attitude in yer intro. Yea - ye CAN do it again, and ye know what its going to take so yer at an advantage.

Talk about ur diet - do ye know yer TDEE? What kind of a deficit are ye running? Macro nutrient breakdown? Whats yer training program look like?

Ye got the hardest part sorted: making the commitment. Now we just need to fill-in the details and get started!

Welcome to UGB!

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Over Forty and just getting back into the gym after some nagging injuries. Life is hard but I just want to get back at it. Any motivation would be greatly appreciated. I'm 5'10" 180lbs looking to get tight again and gain some . Done it before feel I can do it again!

Welcome.

How tight were you in the past? Two fingers? One?!?

JuiceTrain

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum;
I'm not a beach guy as i can't swim...i drown when water is near

Reaction score
Thanks for the input...trying to get into the gym three days a week. Doc has me on some anti-inflammitories and PT is over didn'tput on much weight but got soft , Going to do some reading here and see what everyone is up to.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
You can do it. You should see some of our 40+ guys and gals here. When you start looking at the level set by some of these guys and stop accepting what you see on the streets as the norm, your mindset will change. It's doable with just a little effort. Let me know if you need any help.

Dungeon Dweller

Reaction score
In some ways working out has been easier in my 40s. I have more wisdom and more free time (no more little ones).

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm 38 man ... I still feel like I'm in my prime

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Welcome to UGBB. I've found that definitely the older I get the more resources I have for this lifestyle. You absolutely can do this if you want it.

New Threads