Need help with 4 day workout split

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm a novice when it comes to fitness so ill need help to arrange exercises for this split. The reason I'm doing 4 day split as opposed to 3 day full body routine is because i can't fall asleep after full body workout. I don't know... I think full body raises my cortisol too much. I created a home gym so I am somewhat limited with types of exercises I can do. Anyway, below is my routine if some experienced fitness enthusiasts would like to improve it or educate me more that will be appreciated.

Monday & Thursdays: bench press, lateral pull down, bent over barbell row, shoulder press, dumbbell lateral raises
Tuesday & Fridays: barbell curl, pushups, squats, calf raises, dead lift.

JuiceTrain

Elite
Reaction score
Do Deads, Squats, Bench, & Shoulder press on seperate days as your main compound lifts than just add at least 2more exercises to that list per day.....your choice

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Look up push-pull-legs split. Run that and just cycle it through your 4 workout days.

Either that or upper/lower split. Basically squats & deadlifts, calfs one day and the rest the other.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
How come only new folks talk about their concerns with cortisol?

JuiceTrain

Elite
Reaction score
Isn't cortisol that stuff that comes out your pp if you touch it to much......

Reaction score
Thank you guys for replies

Do Deads, Squats, Bench, & Shoulder press on seperate days as your main compound lifts than just add at least 2more exercises to that list per day.....your choice

Wouldn't that limit those to being trained once a week? I read its best to do excercise 2 times a week for better results?

Look up push-pull-legs split. Run that and just cycle it through your 4 workout days.

Either that or upper/lower split. Basically squats & deadlifts, calfs one day and the rest the other.

Any good guides or refrences on those splits? I heard about those splits but I never know whats good and whats hyped up fad

New Threads