Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 22

Thread: Pesky Quads

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Pesky Quads

    I'm new to this board, so hopefully I am in the correct sub forum. My question is, what are you guys with deep separation tips? My quads are decent in size, especially sweep, and I stay fairly lean all year, like 12-13% in winter, 8-9% in summer. Unfortunately, I don't have much separation. I'm do high rep sets, 12-15 reps on front squats and 15-20 reps on machine exercises. Do you recommend paused reps? Or is just insufficient development? Thanks in advance for any feedback, especially from you bastards with shredded quads🤣🤣🤣, that's just envy talking😉😉😉


  2. #2
    Elite BRICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    North Idaho
    Posts
    2,246
    Thanks
    4,852
    Thanked 3,001 Times in 1,302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quadzilla420 View Post
    I'm new to this board, so hopefully I am in the correct sub forum. My question is, what are you guys with deep separation tips? My quads are decent in size, especially sweep, and I stay fairly lean all year, like 12-13% in winter, 8-9% in summer. Unfortunately, I don't have much separation. I'm do high rep sets, 12-15 reps on front squats and 15-20 reps on machine exercises. Do you recommend paused reps? Or is just insufficient development? Thanks in advance for any feedback, especially from you bastards with shredded quads🤣🤣🤣, that's just envy talking😉😉😉
    Height, weight, photo of quads, how many years have you been training?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BRICKS View Post
    Height, weight, photo of quads, how many years have you been training?
    All that info is posted in my introduction post. I will try to post a photo of my quads, if I can. Haven't tried uploading pics on here yet

  4. #4
    Administrator PillarofBalance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    18,404
    Thanks
    1,681
    Thanked 14,352 Times in 6,309 Posts
    Sounds like you are off on your body fat estimates and you might just be holding your fat there till the bitter end.

    I've always wondered if something like active release therapy would be a good idea pre contest for a bodybuilder. If it would bring out more detail...
    Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to PillarofBalance For This Useful Post:

    BRICKS (10-10-2017)

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Quadzilla420 For This Useful Post:

    BRICKS (10-10-2017)

  8. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Upper body picFB_IMG_1443886317621.jpg

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Quadzilla420 For This Useful Post:

    BRICKS (10-10-2017)

  10. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Maybe just most of my bodyfat lingers in my quads

  11. #8
    Veteran MrRippedZilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,079
    Thanks
    343
    Thanked 1,554 Times in 648 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    Sounds like you are off on your body fat estimates and you might just be holding your fat there till the bitter end.
    I've always wondered if something like active release therapy would be a good idea pre contest for a bodybuilder. If it would bring out more detail...
    Maybe. I suspect it depends on the muscle group in question since we do have data (pilot study, 2004ish I think) showing no effect for ART on quads when it comes to strength.

    FWIW, I have my dudes & dudettes pretty much stop training certain muscle groups altogether during peak week - quads included. Way too susceptible to damage, inflammation and all that bad voodoo.
    The toughest achievements involve long, isolated, battles with your self.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to MrRippedZilla For This Useful Post:

    BRICKS (10-10-2017)

  13. #9
    Administrator PillarofBalance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    18,404
    Thanks
    1,681
    Thanked 14,352 Times in 6,309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRippedZilla View Post
    Maybe. I suspect it depends on the muscle group in question since we do have data (pilot study, 2004ish I think) showing no effect for ART on quads when it comes to strength.

    FWIW, I have my dudes & dudettes pretty much stop training certain muscle groups altogether during peak week - quads included. Way too susceptible to damage, inflammation and all that bad voodoo.
    Interesting point. I was thinking about the bruising it can leave behind. Will also pull water into the tissue.
    Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

  14. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,109
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 502 Times in 337 Posts
    When i train quads i do squats light weight ATG, anything heavy i go a **** hair bellow parallel, and than some moderate front squats.....hits everything

  15. #11
    fitasfuk50's Operating System DocDePanda187123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    8,259
    Thanks
    1,600
    Thanked 5,712 Times in 3,304 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quadzilla420 View Post
    Whats your shoe size?
    II==[\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\]--------
    #Strength First Boston

  16. #12
    Elite Hurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,731
    Thanks
    895
    Thanked 1,060 Times in 487 Posts
    Looks to me like a combination of insufficient development and distribution of body fat being in your legs. Also - learning how to properly flex them will show separation too - are you flexing them in the picture or is that relaxed? My quads are very smooth relaxed but very separated when I flex them properly.
    At the intersection of hard work, nutrition, genetics, and gear.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hurt For This Useful Post:

    BRICKS (10-11-2017)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Pain above Knee From Injecting In quads?
    By E-volve in forum Anabolic Steroids
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-03-2016, 08:48 PM
  2. Training Quads
    By bronco in forum Training and Workouts
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-21-2014, 09:22 AM
  3. Quads Injection Site
    By Jada in forum Anabolic Steroids
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-22-2013, 10:24 PM
  4. Pinning both quads ... on leg day
    By 63Vette in forum Training and Workouts
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-01-2012, 08:15 PM
  5. pinned quads and biceps yesterday....
    By weights=life in forum Anabolic Steroids
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-01-2012, 09:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •