Proscar for male hair loss ?

Caballero

Reaction score
Got my haircut yesterday and the back top of my head is starting to look like a crop circle. Is there any members who can give experiences with using Proscar(Finasteride) ? I'm aware it's FDA approved and all but a skeptic at heart. Does the stuff really produce or is it a cash grab? Thxs....Cab

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Where's that lunatic Kosmo?

It has some nasty side effects. I say man up and when it's time just shave your head. I figure I've got about 5-7 years left. Not cutting the top of my head until then.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
You're in for a long haul with that so plan on 3-6 months before you see anything. It does what it's intended to by stopping the conversion of testosterone into DHT. There's a reason why some guys become chubby chasers on Mast; DHT. It does help with BPH and hair loss but it can shut down your sex drive. If this happens, the back door is not far away, just stop and the big guy will be back in short order.

One side note; it's not going to do much if you're running a DHT based AAS. It stop the conversion to DHT, it doesn't block it.

Caballero

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys fellas. The sides are making me think twice now tbh. Thxs again

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Buzz cut, high and tight, etc...until it gets far enough then shave it. Hair's a pain in the ass anyway. And if you don't like it that short, two weeks will fix that.

Solomc

Elite
Reaction score
Yup. You won't miss it very much after about a month or so. And take it from me. I had better hair than most chicks. Thinned. lost it. Cut it short still lost it and buzzed it.

I dont razor it. But buzzed close.

Save your money

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Just grow one side really long and comb it over :32 (16):

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Ross has hats real cheap dunno if they are in Canada though ;)

New Threads