Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43
  1. #21
    Elite BigSwolePump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    The Principals Office
    Posts
    3,218
    Thanks
    3,497
    Thanked 3,276 Times in 1,640 Posts
    First, I wanna say that this is a good read and makes sense for those who can eat a meal before bed and not feel like complete shit afterwards.

    Personally, I have a hard time eating a ton of calories even a few hours before bed. When I did do this, I gained weight. I believe that weight to be a buildup of undigested food mostly but I did gain more fat. I would wake up feeling bloated followed by a huge shit in the mornings. I felt like I was wasting alot of those calories. I wish that I could eat meals before bed without that bloated uncomfortable feeling all night. It is somewhat comforting to sleep with a full belly. Maybe I am just old?

    To your point tho, I was probably eating more calories than I needed too.

    I cut off eating before bed a little less than 2 months ago. Usually 4-5 hours before and have definitely seen a reduction in fat storage. I will say that I am doing an intermittent fasting protocol too so I could be an exception. Am I eating less calories? Slightly but we are talking around 200-300 calories as I would have a small snack before bed.

    Just to be clear, I am not saying that your study is wrong(obviously it isn't if it worked for those studied) but not eating before bed has worked for me.
    "Don't count the days, make the days count" ~Muhammad Ali~

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to BigSwolePump For This Useful Post:

    John Ziegler (10-15-2017)

  3. #22
    Elite BRICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,437
    Thanks
    8,264
    Thanked 5,961 Times in 2,210 Posts
    If I don't eat a regular full meal before bed I wake up hungry early, can't sleep anymore, shaky, feel flat, etc... I also eat big before taking a nap. Always.

  4. #23
    Elite Bro Bundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    13,245
    Thanks
    597
    Thanked 7,693 Times in 4,180 Posts
    I eat before bed and in the middle of the night .. It depends on what your eating and how hard do you really train .. everyone thinks they bust their ass but do u really ??

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bro Bundy For This Useful Post:

    BigSwolePump (10-15-2017),BRICKS (10-14-2017)

  6. #24
    Fallen Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,076
    Thanks
    9,210
    Thanked 5,726 Times in 3,234 Posts
    Originally Posted by Bro Bundy View Post
    I eat before bed and in the middle of the night .. It depends on what your eating and how hard do you really train .. everyone thinks they bust their ass but do u really ??
    yes....yes I do
    [SIZE=2][B][FONT=&amp][B]Peace Out..............Have a Beautiful Life........................See You On the Other-side!!!![/B][/FONT][/B][/SIZE]

  7. #25
    Elite PillarofBalance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    20,519
    Thanks
    2,146
    Thanked 18,077 Times in 7,796 Posts
    Originally Posted by Zeigler View Post
    Eat before bed time & Don't eat before bed time

    Attachment 4599Attachment 4600
    Ziggy, not eating before bed wasn't the only thing that changed here and you know it. Your posts are kind of disingenuous because of it.

    Your trt+ is well managed
    Your training became more consistent
    You ate less

    To attribute your weight loss entirely to not eating before bed?

    In the words of Peter Griffen

    C'mooooon
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

    Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PillarofBalance For This Useful Post:

    BRICKS (10-15-2017),jennerrator (10-15-2017),MrRippedZilla (10-15-2017)

  9. #26
    Elite PillarofBalance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    20,519
    Thanks
    2,146
    Thanked 18,077 Times in 7,796 Posts
    Originally Posted by PFM View Post
    Hundreds, more like thousands of BB's have won local to Pro shows using the night time protein only model and 7 years ago some fuk debunks the last 5 decades.

    O fuk'n K

    Like Jenner I am also one who can (once I am in that condition) eat just about anything in moderation and maintain 10.2 - 10.5%.

    Not everyone has the genetics, training discipline and their gear use down to their own personal science.

    By all means take this and run, please!
    Is nothing in this sport or life ever allowed to change? Should we just bury our heads in the sand?
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

    Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to PillarofBalance For This Useful Post:

    jennerrator (10-15-2017)

  11. #27
    Fallen Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,076
    Thanks
    9,210
    Thanked 5,726 Times in 3,234 Posts
    It's not about "things" it's about the fact that every fuuking person's body etc is extremely different...that's it, plain and simple
    [SIZE=2][B][FONT=&amp][B]Peace Out..............Have a Beautiful Life........................See You On the Other-side!!!![/B][/FONT][/B][/SIZE]

  12. #28
    Elite JuiceTrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,396
    Thanks
    167
    Thanked 672 Times in 431 Posts
    Originally Posted by jennerrator50 View Post
    ..that's it, plain and simple
    Just like a bagel...

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to JuiceTrain For This Useful Post:

    jennerrator (10-15-2017)

  14. #29
    Elite Mythos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,116
    Thanks
    1,233
    Thanked 878 Times in 478 Posts
    Food for thought: people who have success with a cut back on cals/carbs before bed are probably cutting back a lot on cals/carbs overall.. In a sense it might be useful mentally for some dieters who feel like they're only having to give up some of one meal period.
    As for me, I've worked nights for years and if i don't eat big before bed then I don't sleep, simple as that..and the better i sleep the leaner, happier and more energetic i am. Easy decision for me to keep dinner before sleep rather than in the evening before work.

  15. #30
    Veteran MrRippedZilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,427
    Thanks
    541
    Thanked 2,503 Times in 923 Posts
    Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
    Food for thought: people who have success with a cut back on cals/carbs before bed are probably cutting back a lot on cals/carbs overall.. In a sense it might be useful mentally for some dieters who feel like they're only having to give up some of one meal period.
    As for me, I've worked nights for years and if i don't eat big before bed then I don't sleep, simple as that..and the better i sleep the leaner, happier and more energetic i am. Easy decision for me to keep dinner before sleep rather than in the evening before work.
    My hypothesis, as mentioned in the body of the article, is that it has to do with eating mentality. Those who are naturally controlled eaters will do well with heavy meals before bed while the more impulsive ones would go overboard. Of course they will blame the distribution rather than the fact they eat too much but whatever.

    Also, I'm commenting on a beast (49 pages!) tendon paper tomorrow that might catch your interest. I made sure to double check your tendon 101 thread (why the **** is that not in my sub-forum?!) to see if you'd already covered it so I'm good to go
    Proud misanthropist.

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrRippedZilla For This Useful Post:

    Beezy (10-15-2017),BRICKS (10-15-2017),jennerrator (10-15-2017),Mythos (10-15-2017)

  17. #31
    Elite Mythos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,116
    Thanks
    1,233
    Thanked 878 Times in 478 Posts
    Originally Posted by MrRippedZilla View Post
    My hypothesis, as mentioned in the body of the article, is that it has to do with eating mentality. Those who are naturally controlled eaters will do well with heavy meals before bed while the more impulsive ones would go overboard. Of course they will blame the distribution rather than the fact they eat too much but whatever.

    Also, I'm commenting on a beast (49 pages!) tendon paper tomorrow that might catch your interest. I made sure to double check your tendon 101 thread (why the **** is that not in my sub-forum?!) to see if you'd already covered it so I'm good to go
    It's funny, I was just about to ask if you read that tendon thread and was going to ask your thoughts on it. Hell yeah I'd love to see anything more on that subject.. I aggravated my elbow tendon again at work but this time around im doing much better much faster thanks to what i picked up researching that thread..knowledge really is power.
    Hah yeah i wasn't sure where to put it, might be better in here ?

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mythos For This Useful Post:

    Beezy (10-15-2017)

  19. #32
    Elite Beezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    1,498
    Thanks
    1,840
    Thanked 1,142 Times in 646 Posts
    Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
    It's funny, I was just about to ask if you read that tendon thread and was going to ask your thoughts on it. Hell yeah I'd love to see anything more on that subject.. I aggravated my elbow tendon again at work but this time around im doing much better much faster thanks to what i picked up researching that thread..knowledge really is power.
    Hah yeah i wasn't sure where to put it, might be better in here ?
    Got the same shit going on, Myth. I can't do any pulling lifts at all with my right hand. Two weeks ffs.
    Looking forward to it, Zilla!

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beezy For This Useful Post:

    MrRippedZilla (10-16-2017),Mythos (10-15-2017)

  21. #33
    Veteran Seeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    8,205
    Thanks
    3,315
    Thanked 9,114 Times in 4,029 Posts
    I would guess carb backloading is similar to the concept of this study. Which I did experiment with in the past.
    "The weight teaches you"
    The more you treat each rep independently, as its own workout, the better.

  22. #34
    Veteran DieYoungStrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    6,031
    Thanks
    5,322
    Thanked 7,703 Times in 3,353 Posts
    I just eat when I'm hungry...
    A Strength First Athlete
    Bostin Lloyd would shit synthol if he deadlifted with me! - Jol
    E-fukking is jacking off minus the porn...

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to DieYoungStrong For This Useful Post:

    stonetag (10-16-2017)

  24. #35
    Elite John Ziegler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    6,842
    Thanks
    5,084
    Thanked 4,024 Times in 2,415 Posts
    Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    Ziggy, not eating before bed wasn't the only thing that changed here and you know it. Your posts are kind of disingenuous because of it.

    Your trt+ is well managed
    Your training became more consistent
    You ate less

    To attribute your weight loss entirely to not eating before bed?

    In the words of Peter Griffen

    C'mooooon
    There's more to it yes, but honestly think I couldn't have done it still eating at bedtime

    Maybe it's just me but it's practically ridiculous how fat I can get over night

    So I always try to debate these eat at bed time debunking's

  25. #36
    Elite Bro Bundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    13,245
    Thanks
    597
    Thanked 7,693 Times in 4,180 Posts
    Egg whites and oatmeal before bed is my shit.. feed the machine at all times

  26. #37
    Veteran MrRippedZilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,427
    Thanks
    541
    Thanked 2,503 Times in 923 Posts
    Originally Posted by Zeigler View Post
    There's more to it yes, but honestly think I couldn't have done it still eating at bedtime
    Maybe it's just me but it's practically ridiculous how fat I can get over night
    So I always try to debate these eat at bed time debunking's
    If this was an actual scientific debate, pretty much what this sub-forum is trying to replicate, then you would be laughed at for trying to argue against my "debunking" with anecdote. That is literally what would happen.

    Your welcome to share your experience as I said before man but let's not pretend it's a form of "debating" the article please
    Proud misanthropist.

  27. #38
    Elite PillarofBalance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    20,519
    Thanks
    2,146
    Thanked 18,077 Times in 7,796 Posts
    Originally Posted by MrRippedZilla View Post
    If this was an actual scientific debate, pretty much what this sub-forum is trying to replicate, then you would be laughed at for trying to argue against my "debunking" with anecdote. That is literally what would happen.

    Your welcome to share your experience as I said before man but let's not pretend it's a form of "debating" the article please
    Hey if anecdotes are what they like, several people have already stated here in this thread eating at night doesn't make them fat.

    So some say yes

    Some say no though...

    Now what?

    If only there was a way to control the subjects and variables and then analyze the results of this to demonstrate an answer to this conundrum in a neutral and replicable manner!!!

    Oh well. Guess we will all be ripped and hungry or fat and happy but never achieve a reasonable balance.
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

    Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PillarofBalance For This Useful Post:

    BRICKS (10-17-2017),MrRippedZilla (10-17-2017)

  29. #39
    Fallen Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,076
    Thanks
    9,210
    Thanked 5,726 Times in 3,234 Posts
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

    Ripped = balanced and happy

    Fat = 6 feet under

    it's all personal choice....
    [SIZE=2][B][FONT=&amp][B]Peace Out..............Have a Beautiful Life........................See You On the Other-side!!!![/B][/FONT][/B][/SIZE]

  30. #40
    Elite Bro Bundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    13,245
    Thanks
    597
    Thanked 7,693 Times in 4,180 Posts
    I think if your already fat eating at night will only add to your fatness .. If your low bf and eating food that isn't fattening you won't get fat.. Pretty simple.. also like u said before how hard do u really train?? I get 3 trading sessions in a day sometimes so eating at night ain't no thing for me .. my body screams for it actually

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Eating vegan makes me feel better, will I lose muscle??
    By eyedrop in forum Dieting, Nutrition and Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-27-2017, 09:59 PM
  2. Debunking some myths
    By viktor89 in forum Injury Recovery & Prevention
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-15-2014, 09:55 PM
  3. Below maintenance Calories Higher Carbs. Going up in BF%
    By SuperBane in forum Dieting, Nutrition and Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-29-2013, 03:37 PM
  4. Drop The Fat, Hold The Carbs: 5 High-Energy Reasons To Keep Carbs In Your Diet!
    By Stacked in forum Dieting, Nutrition and Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-10-2012, 11:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •