Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,368 Times in 4,486 Posts
    I think zilla your write up is geared more to the body builder or athlete that's already in top shape instead of a person getting there ., or am I wrong like usual lol

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bro Bundy For This Useful Post:

jennerrator (10-17-2017),John Ziegler (10-17-2017),MrRippedZilla (10-17-2017),NbleSavage (10-17-2017)

The Sage of Science MrRippedZilla's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,632 Times in 967 Posts
    Originally Posted by Bro Bundy View Post
    I think zilla your write up is geared more to the body builder or athlete that's already in top shape instead of a person getting there ., or am I wrong like usual lol
    Your kind of right lol. At least your trying bundy, I cannot fault you for that

Your right that people who are more "controlled" eaters, like bodybuilders & athletes, will naturally do better eating most of their cals at night vs impulsive eaters (most of the population).
    But, my article also contains controlled studies (same calories, different distribution) in obese and normal men & women and never found a negative effect of eating most of your cals at night. So...

As POB said, this very thread shows that you have mixed experiences on this so the only way to truly answer the question is to look at a controlled group of people who are consuming the same calories and the only difference between the groups is where those calories are placed (morning, night, etc). We then analyze the results and try to see if they're replicable in order to come up with a solid answer.
    The controlled studies in my article did exactly that and found that eating most of your cals at night never, in 5 attempts going back to 1987, resulted in fat gain and occasionally was better for body comp in general.

That is why trying to "debate" my article with anecdote is useless. The evidence in the article far outweighs any anecdote.
    Again, I don't mind people sharing their experiences - plenty of it in this very thread. But to say that it is a form of "countering" the article? No, it really isn't.
    Devout misanthropist.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrRippedZilla For This Useful Post:

BRICKS (10-17-2017),jennerrator (10-17-2017)

Thanks
    I'm only able to eat when people donate 10cents to my charity fund.....

Thanks
    Old post but dealing with this fight and body is getting sneaky. Will find myself waking up in the middle of the night when my restraint is non existent heading towards the kitchen.

As far as the eating late, I accept it based on my experience not my extensive bro science background. Show me a photo of myself in the AM and I can tell you if I ate later then I should have the night before. Didn't the research mention the body release of specified chemical was higher when avoiding a meal later then 2 hours before sleep? Was that mentioned here?
    Shake weight champion at local YMCA

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

DEADlifter (09-24-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,829 Times in 1,604 Posts
    Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Old post but dealing with this fight and body is getting sneaky. Will find myself waking up in the middle of the night when my restraint is non existent heading towards the kitchen.

As far as the eating late, I accept it based on my experience not my extensive bro science background. Show me a photo of myself in the AM and I can tell you if I ate later then I should have the night before. Didn't the research mention the body release of specified chemical was higher when avoiding a meal later then 2 hours before sleep? Was that mentioned here?
    Damnit. This got bumped and got me excited thinking rippedzilla was dropping some new knowledge.

Anyways, I know where you are coming from. I am a mid night snacker too and find that manipulation of my blood sugar can be used as a sleep aid. It sucks for dieting but nothing like a carb coma to put me to sleep.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dk8594 For This Useful Post:

Jin (09-15-2020)

Senior Member DeplorableCracker's Avatar
    Thanks
    I eat a fat ass peanut butter sandwich right before bed every single night...lol

Thanks
    My Muscle Feast protein and carbs:

pre-workout - Whey Protein Isolate + Whole Oat Powder
    post workout - Whey Protein Isolate + Pure Dextrose
    before sleep - Micellar Casein + Whole Oat Powder

Thanks
    I eat a bowl of cottage cheese with fruit or jelly in it before bed. If you can stomach it, cottage cheese is really high in casein protein, which is digested slower. I think this is beneficial to do before sleep because your body will need time to digest it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sickman For This Useful Post:

CohibaRobusto (11-22-2020)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123