DL training ?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am where SFG is on this thread

Confused and scared

The bar must be lifted from a dead stop. Hence deadlift.

The height of the bar at the shin? There are plates on the bar. If you want to increase the range of motion then stand on a plate or mats. That's not a deadlift tho. That's a deficit deadlift.

And you can't "isolate" anything on a deadlift. It's a full body lift. You might make variations hit certain parts harder but some of what I hear is dangerous. Like targeting your low back? God no. Only way to do that is to have loose lats and let the bar travel away from you. Which invites injury. If you want to train low back
> good morning
> hyper
> reverse hyper

Don't ever sacrifice weight on the bar to make it target a body part. Ewww gross.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
I am where SFG is on this thread

Confused and scared

The bar must be lifted from a dead stop. Hence deadlift.

The height of the bar at the shin? There are plates on the bar. If you want to increase the range of motion then stand on a plate or mats. That's not a deadlift tho. That's a deficit deadlift.

And you can't "isolate" anything on a deadlift. It's a full body lift. You might make variations hit certain parts harder but some of what I hear is dangerous. Like targeting your low back? God no. Only way to do that is to have loose lats and let the bar travel away from you. Which invites injury. If you want to train low back
> good morning
> hyper
> reverse hyper

Don't ever sacrifice weight on the bar to make it target a body part. Ewww gross.

I rubbed one out reading this post....

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Oh stfu you fancy fuks. Deadlifts are the definition of picking shit up and putting it down. Blah blah. Blah.. what else is there to know

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Oh stfu you fancy fuks. Deadlifts are the definition of picking shit up and putting it down. Blah blah. Blah.. what else is there to know

its common courtesy that if you shit yourself while doing them, you should maybe clean up after!

Reaction score
the real question is.. whats better sumo or conventional.. thats the real mind ****. :32 (1)::32 (6)::32 (19)::32 (9)::32 (18):

Reaction score
Tried dropping the weight as I neared the floor this morning. Much much easier on the body. Ill definitely be able to progress faster with this method.

New Threads