So you think your ready for your first cycle? Read this first!!!

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well so you think you're ready to go to the next step? Well in this game you will hear tons and tons of different opinions. There is a right way if doing things and a wrong just like anything else you do. The thing with steroids can potentially hurt you and sometimes even death, so don't look at it like you take a pin and boom you look like Arnold. Doesn't work that way. I'm gonna list a few things to look at first hand before you take the next step. Also I feel that I would also like other guys to chime in as well. Because I'm sure my views will be different then some other guys.

1 I think the number one most I'm not ready for gear yet is you don't know enough about it. I see day in and day out people aren't educated enough and potentially run bad cycles. There are a few basic things you should be aware of list includes know what an AI (Aromatase Inhibitors) is, know what a pct (post cycle treatment) is, know the proper way to pin, know how many cals you should be eating and what you should be eating, know what a serm (Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulation) is, and pretty much just read a lot of other guys first cycle posts consist of, as far as compounds, cycle length, how much to take of what, and the biggest is your diet!

2 Your age is also a big factor. I see a lot of young kids think they're ready but realistically they're not! A normal males natural testosterone will drop when he gets around the age of 24-25. So if your natural test has not dropped yet you have tons of potential without aas to achieve goals and should not need the help of aas. There are a lot of complications with being young and the usage of aas. It will close your growth plates and you potentially won't grow any taller. So this is one key point. Well being young with already high booming hormones and you replace them with even higher synthetic hormones is bad on the body. Nothing good can come out of that. Also I've found that maturity comes into play as well. Most kids see themselves get big and when they start seeing themselves lose weight comes another problem. They get severe depression and other sides. So go learn about why its not a good idea to use aas when you're young. I could write about that for days because there is so much wrong with that.

Now let's get to the older guys. If your thinking about it being old it also can be bad. Cholesterol is a key factor in aas so this should be watched closely. Also you may be eligible for trt(testosterone replacement therapy). Many guys will say it isn't good for older guys to experiment with aas. There is also a lot of complications and some guys bodys won't be able to handle it so make sure you look into it and ate safe.

3 Your diet!! This the number one key to growing. US guys that have been into the game try to beat this one into newcomers heads. If you don't eat you won't grow. I've found myself force feeding myself sometimes and you know what? You sometimes have to do this is you wanna grow. It doesn't hurt to seek some nutritional help before your cycle just to get shit squared away. There are many resources available in which you should go seek. Spongy another member is a nutritionist and possible could advise you. It's amazing how you think you're diet is in check intill someone shows you how much better it could be. Go by my simple saying, diet is what makes you a stud or a dud!! Because the truth is its half assed to much in this trade.

4 You have to have a good build to build off of. We see tons of guys coming into forums and have horrible stats. Stats are age, height, weight, bodyfat %, lifting experience, and diet. If your 6'0 and weight 140lbs you probably should seek number 3 before you go to the next step. One should hit their natural potential high before they use aas.

5 know how to train properly on and off cycle. Many guys arent aware that they may not be training right. Make sure you make sure this in check

6 Know your body. Everyone is different and different compounds effect each individual differently. So for a first cycle run a testosterone only cycle for a first time. See how your body reacts to this compound we preach this test only because when you run a couple compounds and start to get bad sides you won't know where its coming from. Also remember testosterone should be ran with every cycle with any compound. Get an ai and also plan the proper pct. Most guys will go with clomid at 50mg everyday for 4 weeks 50/50/50/50 and nolvadex at 40mg everyday for two weeks and 20mg for week 3-4 40/40/20/20. This goes with rule number one with educating yourself.

Well this is pretty much a good step towards running your first cycle. Hopefully some other guys chime in because I know i prob forgot some things but this is a good start. Just remember you have to educate yourself to the fulliest so you do not hurt yourself. Get your diet where it needs to be so you can grow to the fullest. Be safe and know what your getting yourself into because there is no turning back. Don't feel dumb or like a Newb if your don't know something. Pm me or start a thread. Pretty much anyone would be happy to Anwser your questions because that's what we are here for. Don't be ashamed or scares to ask is you have a question.

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'd like it if you went into more detail on the age part but good read

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ya I was thinking about editing it and putting more into that.

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks brother! Ya took a few minutes and I hope it can help someone out.

HH

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good info for all

JOMO

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Great Thread Herm. Alot of Key factors people must consider and get in check prior to use of any AAS.

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It means once to juice your always a juicer!!!!

Reaction score
First time I see this thread good info and very well explain for anyone to know how to start an evaluation of themself before start a cycle

New Threads