Back in the gym...

Reaction score
Hello...new member here. Just got back to the gym. It’s been over a decade since I was last seriously in the gym. I’ve been on hrt for a lil bit but not enough to notice a difference. I’m basically starting from scratch again. Looking for good information and motivation along my journey.
Ive ran a few cycles before, but like I said before it’s a new journey.
If you have questions don’t hesitate to ask

Last edited:

CCCP

Reaction score
Welcome to UGBB, what’s are your goals this time around?

Reaction score
Well I’ve lost 20 lbs over the last 6 months, I would like to lose 10 more then put on some muscle mass. I really need to change my diet, but I’m such a picky eater that it’s hard to eat real healthy.

CCCP

Reaction score
Well diet is key. I always recommend for people to eat 6 to 8 small meals per day and keep a strict workout schedule. This will kick start your metabolism which will lead to fat loss and muscle gain.

edit: that is of course if you stick to your diet and workout routine

Last edited:

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Well diet is key. I always recommend for people to eat 6 to 8 small meals per day and keep a strict workout schedule. This will kick start your metabolism which will lead to fat loss and muscle gain.

edit: that is of course if you stick to your diet and workout routine

Maybe you recommend 6-8 small meals a day, but I doubt you follow that. That takes serious determination and planning. Coming from the guy who gets shit faced after a serious infection whilst on antibiotics.

I doubt many here eat a real 6+ meals a day, not including shakes. (bricks- where are you in this?). There's no need for that many meals and while there's no harm, what a pain in the ass.

No no need to regurgitate old BB wisdom for prosperity's sake.

CCCP

Reaction score
Maybe you recommend 6-8 small meals a day, but I doubt you follow that
Exactly why I said I recommend lolll, there are days where I mess up my dietary structure but I try to stick to it LOL. However, when I do mess up a meal I make up for it with a meal of the p*ssy LOL I’m sorry I had to go there lmfao

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
The diet will be like the training, you need to ease into it, if you go balls out chances are you will quit.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Maybe you recommend 6-8 small meals a day, but I doubt you follow that. That takes serious determination and planning. Coming from the guy who gets shit faced after a serious infection whilst on antibiotics.

I doubt many here eat a real 6+ meals a day, not including shakes. (bricks- where are you in this?). There's no need for that many meals and while there's no harm, what a pain in the ass.

No no need to regurgitate old BB wisdom for prosperity's sake.

It doesn't matter if you eat 3 meals or 8 meals in a day. What matters is that you get the protein you need and stick to the calories that you set. Jin is right. Personally I eat 3-4 meals and supplement in between with a couple big shakes. And eating "healthy" or "clean" is subjective. There's no way I can maintain my size with chicken breast and broccoli. If I want to get lean, I eat less. Calories in/Calories out. Welcome to UGBB. Age, height, weight,etc?

Reactions: Jin

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Best advice I can give you is to remember that this is a marathon and not a sprint. I'm sure what you did in the gym worked back then and the same stuff will get you back there. It's just going to take time but it will happen if you have the will.

If it was easy, everyone would be strong and look good but what would be the fun in that?

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What is your trt protocol?

Dungeon Dweller

Reaction score
Just be strict about your diet. Make it a habit, a way of life. I'm almost to bf point I want to be and its actually taken almost 2 years. When I first started I was all gung-ho and the newbie losses (when I went low on carbs... and water retention went down) were cool, but after that it was slower. But I've done it in such a way that I could live in this diet forever if I just wanted to do small cuts or maintain.

I'm actually slightly afraid of my planned upcoming bulk. I both don't want to wreck my habits, nor do I want to come up short because I undereat.

200 mg every other week
You could build a cut cycle out of that. Most will recommend splitting that into once a week at least to keep hormones more level. You could also do a bit more, or add a compound to assist.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I’d like to lose about 10 lbs more but my job makes it difficult to meal prep and eat clean. I’m in and out of a truck all day. I’ve cut my calories down but it’s not really healthy food.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
I’d like to lose about 10 lbs more but my job makes it difficult to meal prep and eat clean. I’m in and out of a truck all day. I’ve cut my calories down but it’s not really healthy food.

sup man welcome to the forumn. lots of people say this but it's just a matter of effort, and having a woman cook/pack your meals is very helpful lol. I'm in/out of a worktruck all day myself and always eating on the go, it is doable just have to spend that time it takes to cook/pack ur meals instead of watching netflix ;)

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Personally I eat 3-4 meals and supplement in between with a couple big shakes. And eating "healthy" or "clean" is subjective.

lol, it's funny because I have said this a couple times recently to different people and never even thought about it........I have never "snacked" ever...eat my meals and that's it...if I did it as a really young kid, I don't remember but even as a teenager...I never snacked...:)

Reaction score
I don’t snack at all it’s just difficult for me to pack that kind of meal in a tiny lunch box that fits in my truck.

NoQuarter

Reaction score
mwbaldwin05, welcome aboard. Look in the dieting/nutrition section. I have found some great food ideas to pack for on the go. Also will fit in a box for lunch.

New Threads