DC style or regular 5 on 2 off

Reaction score
Not sure if this should go in a gear forum but my question is, if someone is natural is there a style of training that would be better vs. AAS involved, Or is It just a person preference deal? Anyone who's spent a good amount of time experimenting with this that can chime in?

In the past when I'm focusing on putting on muscle or building up certain muscles DC training has worked very well. I've also done your typical stuff but gotten better results from that more intense style more rest I assume from the amount of recovery time in the program.

I plan on beginning my first cycle and am curious as to what you guys who are on respond to better. I'm still going to experiment myself but it would be nice to have an idea!

Thanks

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
^^^^^ personally I have found no way I can train at the same level on as just on TRT. Weights drop some and recovery time takes longer. I'm able to maintain pretty much all the mass I've gained, but now way I can go as hard with the same weight. My focus also changes more to time under tension and slower progressive overload. I'm also 52, so that probably factors in. Listen to your body.

Reaction score
Here. Read and prepare yourself correctly. Those who claim to train the same on while off don't know wtf they're talking about and don't understand how AAS works

Good point. I didn't flesh out my statement enough. Intensity certainly drops when off and progress is slower. I was speaking more to frequency and volume. There are many guys I have run into who hope on a cycle and triple their volume for 12 weeks and go from a 3 or 4 day split to a 6 day split and don't get results. If you do PPL when your off you shouldn't necessarily switch to GVT just cause your running 500mgs of test.

New Threads