Diastsis Recti

Reaction score
Anyone else have this? I was wondering if this is keeping me from being able to flatten my stomach. Supposedly I am not supposed to do regular ab exercises like crunches or leg raises. This could cause the gap to widen. Ive thought about seeking out a physical therapist to help me out.
I had a link but can't post yet because of post count. Diastasis Recti

JuiceTrain

Elite
Reaction score
Is that like in Alien vs Predator where that shxt burrows inside you than explodes through your stomach when it's ready to be born?

JuiceTrain

Elite
Reaction score
I've never seen someone survive that bro,
Best advice is to get a C-section....get it out while you still can

Reactions: Jin
Reaction score
I actually wouldn't really care if there wasn't the chance of making it worse.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
I think I also have the same thing going on, read a little on it, doesn't seem to me a big deal, at least for now. I believe surgery was called "cosmetic" so insurance of course wont cover it.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I think I also have the same thing going on, read a little on it, doesn't seem to me a big deal, at least for now. I believe surgery was called "cosmetic" so insurance of course wont cover it.

You're right, the only way you're going to get that covered by insurance if you have documentation from a general surgeon that it's necessary for some internl issue. Plastics are generally not covered unless it's reconstructive (cancer, burns,trauma).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Anyone else have this? I was wondering if this is keeping me from being able to flatten my stomach. Supposedly I am not supposed to do regular ab exercises like crunches or leg raises. This could cause the gap to widen. Ive thought about seeking out a physical therapist to help me out.
I had a link but can't post yet because of post count. Diastasis Recti
"Seeing a physical therapist can't hurt. If it's not split too far it can improve. However this is usually due to pregnancy pushing organs forward, assuming you are not pregnant, whatever caused your organs to split you abs is probably still a problem. In that case a physical therapist can only help you make up any strength lost by the split with other ab sections, which probably is not your concern."

- my wife who is a D.P.T

Reaction score
I assumed my split was caused by my beer gut. I have lost most of the fat but it's still pooched out perhaps from being extended for so long.

New Threads